Auto Hop not working Prime Time Anytime

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

idavenport21

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
Fairfax Ohio
The auto-hop feature is not working on prime time any time. It is not even prompting me if I want to use it either like it used to. The software version is S238 NACB. It updated a day or two ago.

No I am not. I am simply having an issue where auto hop on prime time anytime is not working. Period I called Dish Network at 1-800-333-3474 they filled out an incident ticket and would get back to me within 24 hours. I wanted to see if I am the only one experiancing this issue or was it cause by this software update.

I have tried a simple red reset button that did not fix the issue. Then I unplugged the box for 15 seconds and plugged it back in. It will play the shows on prime time anytime but will not automatically skip commercials. It does not even prompt me if I want to use auto-hop.

Auto Hop will only work with select national broadcasts recorded through Prime Time Anytime and is available starting at 3 AM Eastern Time the next day. Auto Hop is subject to availability so not all events will have it.

I am having the same problem. I changed out my receiver about 30 hours ago. Prime Time recorded but I don't get the option to enable Auto Hop. The kangaroo icon isn't there either. My old receiver allowed Auto Hop.

Hi jaymeinen, there was an issue at the up-link center yesterday and the auto hop was unavailable last night. Please check again tonight and if you are still having an issue, please PM me directly. Thank you!

Hm, I'm remembering back to when Hopper first came out and the nets went crazy. There was of course already DVR that would let DiSH subs skip commercials but people had to actively set it, as well as having to actively skip forward. So DiSH, seemingly always finding ways to make waves like with DVR to begin with and TiVo suing for infringement, decides to have rx's automatically record all of the nets' primetime content for commercial-free feedback. The idea was that viewers could watch, like maybe an hour delayed, and the rx would detect ad breaks and automatically "hop" over them (Get it?). Well, the nets weren't so amused. They sued for DiSH to limit itself to manual DVR functions or else pay up. The settlement I guess was delaying auto-hop functionality until the next day.

Reactions: charlesrshell