Best deal for new customer? Sams Club?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

azccwm

Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
I'm thinking about kicking Comcast to the curb and getting Dishnetwork (or DirecTV). I'm paying $90 a month for an HD-DVR and regular cable on three other TVs. I was a Dish customer for about 3 or 4 years up until 7 years ago, so I'm pretty familiar with them.

I was in Sams Club today and asked what they had to offer... the young lady explained that they have the same deals/offers as everybody, except instead of paying a $99 new customer fee and then getting a $99 rebate, at Sams you pay $59.87 up front and still get the $99 rebate. Is there anything better out there I should be aware of?

I am looking at getting an HD-DVR (722), and maybe one other DVR and then just regular SD on two other TVs.

I've also been looking into DirecTV, but it seems as if Dish has better DVRs. Anyone care to comment on that?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm not sure about that deal. I am a former Dish customer I called them up 3 days ago to sign back up. I got a VIP722 for $50 (with a $50 credit on my 1st bill) so it's really free.

Free installation (tomorrow).

Not sure about the $99 at Sams...

yeah, I'm going to have to agree with the guys here. I was also a former Dish Network customer, when I decided to come back to dish network I called Dish Store and they were able to help me out.

what is that, an Electra 335 Alvin Lee knock off in your avatar? I see a TP 6 tailpiece? Block inlay and a single coil middle pickup. What gives? I have a 59, 61, and 62 paf'd 335s.
It's from Lee's website. I was a huge TYA fan.

Thanks to everyone for their recommendation of Dishstore... that does sound like the best deal. However, I am bummed to find out that Dish doesn't yet carry local Tucson HD, just SD. DirecTV does have the Tucson HDs... so I need to investigate that a little more.

Thanks to everyone for their recommendation of Dishstore... that does sound like the best deal. However, I am bummed to find out that Dish doesn't yet carry local Tucson HD, just SD. DirecTV does have the Tucson HDs... so I need to investigate that a little more.
Can't you get them OTA?

Can't you get them OTA?

We live pretty far out of town. I looked into it and according to antennaweb.org it would require the largest, uni-directional anntenna possible, maybe even need a rotor to aim it for the different stations.

I may be able to hold out with Comcast a few more months... just called them and mentioned that I might be leaving them for E* or D* and they dropped my internet down to $33 a month for 6 mos., reduced my DVR fee to $5 a month for 12 months, and I reduced my channel line up slightly which saved another $15 or so a month.

Anyone have insight as to when Tucson might get HD on E*? Maybe early next year? I could wait a couple more months to get rid of Comcast.... at least until after the holidays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)