Best receiver for motor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cband1985

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 25, 2005
Tn
Looking for opinions on motor performance between the top receivers. What is the most consistant, easy to setup receiver without compromising picture quality. Already have a SG2100. I have read comments online that some of the receivers just don't work reliably driving a motor setup. How do the PC cards compare driving a motor? So far haven't hit the magic combo to get my 102g to control the dish. For the cost of a higher power supply I can all most by a new receiver and setup 2 systems. Any opinions are welcome.

cband1985 said:
Looking for opinions on motor performance between the top receivers. What is the most consistant, easy to setup receiver without compromising picture quality. Already have a SG2100. I have read comments online that some of the receivers just don't work reliably driving a motor setup. How do the PC cards compare driving a motor? So far haven't hit the magic combo to get my 102g to control the dish. For the cost of a higher power supply I can all most by a new receiver and setup 2 systems. Any opinions are welcome.

Looking for an economy system ? Check out the product reviews . Seems like I read a review on a traxus ?

My Fortec Ultra works fine . But it and the Pansat 2500A are out of production . Might check out the newer models or the older models are sometimes seen on EBay .

My Twinhan 1020A & Nexus-S PCI DVB cards work fine , if you are willing to put in the work to find the sats and store sat positions in the motor memory .

Unfortunatly , if you do not have the physical instalation of the motor & dish & LNBF correct , none of them will work correctly .

But , this is a little easier with UASLS working correctly . Set Top Box receivers do this easier than PCI DVB-S cards .

Wyr

I know what you mean about the work to find and store sats. I used to spend hours programming my C-Band. Once they are setup do the PC cards move the motor as reliably as a receiver?

cband1985 said:
I know what you mean about the work to find and store sats. I used to spend hours programming my C-Band. Once they are setup do the PC cards move the motor as reliably as a receiver?

They seem to . When I set up a dish on USALS , I get everything as cloae as I can get it . Then , for each sat I am interested in , I switch over to Diesque 1.2 & try to futher tweek it . If I get an improvement , I assign a sat position # & save it to the motor's memory . If not , I leave it on USALS .

So , often , the end result is the same , but using usals to get close enough to the sat to get picture & signal quality is much easer .

I reccomend a sat card & PC for hobby testing . I can do HD . I can do AC3 .

I reccomend a STB receiver for setting in the living room , in the recliner & watching TV . And much easier for the wife to use .

Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)