Best solution for keeping snow off my dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smakovits

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
I did some poking around and found a few threads, but nothing seemed very current. I was curious what is recommended as the best solution for heating my dish to keep off unwanted snow and ice. Last night we had our first wet heavy snow and I lost signal. I finally got a few channels back around 930 today, but still not everything. I started to looking in to heating solution and found a few that you may stick on the back of the dish, other say they use a few flood lamps when needed. I am just curious to see what others do when the dish is on the roof. I am looking to be efficient and also cost effective if possible. thanks

I'm still trying to decide if it's more important to clear the dish or clear the LNBs.

Heating is good. Teflon spray also but spray both the dish and the entire lnb and a dish 500 or 500+ or 1000+ or 1000.2 will do better then a 61.5 or eastern arc due to its lower dish elevation settings. Personal experince.

Everytime we get the first snow, we get people complaining that they lost their signal and they all want to order Dish heaters.

So then I order Dish heaters, and when we get them in the customers change their mind and I get stuck with the heaters.

I have never heated my Dishes, and have never had any problems.

When my 2 dishes were on the peak of the roof, I tried the cooking spray. Really didn't work, so I never bothered to do anything. I only have the snow problem maybe once or twice a year. Only when there is a heavy wet snow. Most snowstorms don't bother it. I live on the edge of the Lake Ontario snow belt.

Now that I have the EARC dish mounted right on the edge of the roof, I will see what happens this season. With it's new position, I don't have access to the dish.

I use small black trash bag on dish, and tape a piece of acrylic plastic on lnb, the plastic extends a couple inch over the front of lnb. On rare occasions when snow sticks to bag, it is very easy to remove.
Dan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)