Best WWW for accurate FTA channel Info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
Boy, life would have been a little easier on me if there was a good source for accurate data in terms of whats out there, whats STILL out there, and at what frequency. I know this is the nature of the beast, but I would think one website over another has gotten a better reputation for more updated accuracy??!!

I will reference BYU TV @ 89w as an example.

FTALIST.COM - It is a simple, direct to the point layout of FTA stuff on KU band. BYU - wrong freq!

SATBEAMS.COM I love the layout of this www. I can filter on just about every option to quickly show me what I am capable of pulling in. But, it goes through all the trouble of allowing you too see all the foot prints in another location, but then on the channel listing, it does NOT show you which foot print the channel uses. BYU - wrong freq!

which brings me to ...

LYNGSAT.COM which i had to reference, because that shows you which footprint beam is used on each transponder. BYU - correct freq.

Then there is....

SATHINT.COM - Not as easy to navigate, hard to jump from one sat to another, and could use better filtering. But...... Seems to have the most up to date info... But, might have been just timing and situation.
BYU - correct freq.

So, with all that. Are their other WWW out there? Which one do YOU find to be the most accurate and up to date? Is there just no one stop shopping place?

Last edited:
Like you said yourself, really no one stop shopping for it. They all have some out of date info. Best bet if you think you should be getting something and can't is to confirm it with someone on Satellite Guys.:) I'm sure you also noticed that there is little to no electronic program guide support with FTA. Here is a site that lists programming for quite a few channels. Again, not totally accurate all the time but better than nothing. http://ftalistings.com/index.php You can also try Titan TV. You can set up custom channel lists for your time zone there.:bounce

Reactions: iBoston
Like you said yourself, really no one stop shopping for it. They all have some out of date info. Best bet if you think you should be getting something and can't is to confirm it with someone on Satellite Guys.:) I'm sure you also noticed that there is little to no electronic program guide support with FTA. Here is a site that lists programming for quite a few channels. Again, not totally accurate all the time but better than nothing. http://ftalistings.com/index.php You can also try Titan TV. You can set up custom channel lists for your time zone there.:bounce

Awesome.. Thanks for that link... The channel NBC that is listed on there. What satellite transponder is that from???

Awesome.. Thanks for that link... The channel NBC that is listed on there. What satellite transponder is that from???
The NBC Mux at 72°W 12052 V 6890. If you click the channel logos on the left it gives the sat info for each and the days schedule. Again, not always accurate but oh well...:rolleyes:

The NBC Mux at 72°W 12052 V 6890. If you click the channel logos on the left it gives the sat info for each. Again, not always accurate but oh well...:rolleyes:

Thank you.. I was wondering why it didn't have the sat location... Never thought of clicking the logo.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)