Beyond the Decades

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Now that I've been able to see Decades more often (put up a VHF antenna so I get the local CBS finally) I really dig "Beyond the Decades".

Its basically a time capsule of that particular day with stories on the biggest events that happened on the particular day. They do use CBS news clips when available so you see lots of Cronkite and Rather ;)

I don't get into the rest of the programming (although there was a cool documentary on Chrysler today)

Reactions: FTA4PA
some other notes on the channel in general
-the 6 hour loop is lame. You have all this programming at your access, why limit it? A 12 hour or even a 8 hour loop is fine. But 6 hours you're limiting yourself
-they apparently have a "theme" each day.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Seen BTD myself and agree it is very good. Also agree that they should 'expand' the schedule with more shows rather than repeat the same thing during a six hour block. I still really like the channel but I can see this being a turn off to many, especially those who 'binged', when they have such a huge library of programming to offer and don't.

Reactions: osu1991 and Mr Tony
Get to see this now almost everyday and each day they have some cool things about that particular day

One story yesterday was about the Ford Pinto and the "exploding gas tank" and the funding for Mt Rushmore
Today's was pretty big. The riots in Watts, last ground unit left Vietnam and the baseball strike (although that technically started tomorrow)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)