Big Shake-up to Happen on 99w and 101w C-band

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm having a tough time believing some of the news from this thread. When some digital multicast channels went from FTA to gone, I found their new encrypted location about a month or two out. With the Weigel ones on SES-1, I just completed my at least once every 1.5 month regular full-sky scan and didn't see any new encrypted or FTA locations for ME-TV, MOVIES, Heroes/Icons, etc. so if those left SES-1, there is nowhere I found for them to go to unless they go to server playout.

KRBK FOX Missouri - surprised they aren't using DISH or DIRECTV to distribute their signal where it needs to go. Most of the stations where I live use one of the DBS services to feed their translators around the state.

The Puerto Rico stations - it's fun watching all sorts of posts on various forums claiming they are gone but it's just a messup of their system causing a reception issue. If I think a report is credible, I check it out with my spectrum analyzer since that'll tell you the truth in an instant.

KRBK FOX Missouri - surprised they aren't using DISH or DIRECTV to distribute their signal where it needs to go. Most of the stations where I live use one of the DBS services to feed their translators around the state.

I'm not 100% sure that's legal. Plus, KRBK's system isn't made up of "translators" but of synchronized on-channel transmitters which have much more stringent timing and synchronization requirements than translators do. They probably need professional-grade receivers which are guaranteed to have a fixed amount of delay in them.

- Trip

I'm not 100% sure that's legal.
I know that in Minnesota KMSP (FOX) was using Directv to feed their (at the time) analog transmitters. They have since upgraded **most** of them to digital
Last Christmas time the translator in Brainerd had a Directv screen saying "soon the receiver will be obsolete"

Reactions: KC9TIK
I know that in Minnesota KMSP (FOX) was using Directv to feed their (at the time) analog transmitters.

And some new mexico stations were (or still may be) fed by DISH Network to translators. I remember one funny goof when residents watching translators in some communities saw a DISH Network not authorized screen instead of their programming until DISH and the stations worked out the authorization goof.

For the folks who are complaining about losing MeTV on FTA and having to "resort" to their local feed I have one comment

Be happy you can still view it.
My local OTA channel that carries ME only runs some of the shows. It hops around with some CW stuff and local programming. Certainly not like full time ME which is one of my favs.

What market are you in? I know there are some areas where MeTv is filler (My Net or CW programming is on too)

Status
Please reply by conversation.