Biggest FTA story of 2012?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My vote goes to the microHD, plus ++++ getting it going before the end of the year! Interesting seeing the neighborhood go dark and still watching Daystar on my 12VDC TV and the microHD. Going to update software and channel lists tomorrow, I hope! Ah, they got power back on! And before midnight, too.

espn feed encryption increases

on the flipside, upgraded pay service to HD for ESPN as I was watching the feeds when possible to have the event in HD rather than my crappy DISH Network SD. I now DVR and skip commercials so I get to give a big middle finger to ESPN that advertisers won't see my eyeballs as much as ESPN would like them to by encrypting all feeds. they still get some of my money though (whatever my provider pays them on my behalf each month).

big thing for me outside than the oft-mentioned MicroHD release is the increasing amount of HD news feeds - really apparent with the debates, conventions and election night but when there isn't something as major, you still see some HD newsfeeds and they look great and their MHz of transponder-usage is not that much more than their normal SD feeds!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)