Boresight with Shaun Kenny......remember?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greg Mueller

Munich Oktoberfest
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
Datil, NM
Does anyone remember Boresight, the satellite TV show in the late 80s ? I looked around the web and ran into this archive

http://boresight.ripco.com/

It's pretty fun to watch it again after all these years. Some of the videos are pretty informative although in tough shape

Shaun Kenny apparently fell off a roof to his death while messin with a satellite dish

Last edited:
I remember. He used to have a section at the end of the show called "Yellow Rain" where it showed a Videocipher II box in a urinal at the start. Then they talked about chips and even scrambled some segments using some form of Oak Orion encryption.

I remember there was another show on at about the same time up on Spacenet 1 -
Doug Dehnert with USS selling the MASPRO SR3B receivers. (I still have an SR3B barely used in the box.) It was pretty good because they would go into technical stuff about satellite sometimes.

I noticed that AFTER I got my dish, I could get the channels that REALLY had the good deals. I think I remember that show too. I caught it a couple of times, but it didn't always seem to be there at the "same time same channel"

Those were the types of shows that were the most interesting to me. It was entertaining just to cruise through all the transponders on all the birds, looking for something to watch and discovering some weird show or news feed

I used to love watching Shaun on greensheet...I even bought some books and stuff on there. It was funny how he would torment Lolita and she would end up getting really mad at him.

AHHHHH The memories of Shaun... Back in the late 80's Thursday night was always fun to watch with GreenSheet and seeing all of those different satellite gizmo's he had... I had my satellite night visits pretty well tied up switching between Keith Lamonica, Chuck Dawson, and Shaun Kenny... Yellow Rain was also fun to watch... I remember them using the same method of scrambling that The Fun Channel used... It was not Oak, but some other type of method... I learned by accident on an old drake ESR 324 recvr by flipping the video invert switch on the back it cleared the picture up including the video on The Fun Channel:D :D :D ... Although now I am with Dish, my years with C Band will always take the cake and as a teen growing up gave me the most TV fun... CC

Yea I was on Mr Kennys show twice when he was selling items for his defense fund.......That was in Piscataway NJ the he moved to North Branch NJ...
He had a great show on Thursdays nites at 9pm.Then Keith Lamonica came out with his show and had a guy on that made satellite receivers all the time[Something Lamb was his name}.....
Yea I remember that old guy that used to sell those receivers MASPRO SR3B .
I thought they looked good but cost alot at the time...
Glad I had a Distributor that sold me DX receivers at wholesale at the time......JT

Greg Mueller said:
Yes, sadly
The last link on this page is the announcement
http://boresight.ripco.com/
When I visited that page and clicked the last link, a window from Quick Time said I had to do something so it could adjust to my internet connection speed.

I had never heard of Quick Time before, so I went to my control panel and there it was, and it said it was "rarely used" and last used on April 25th, three days ago. Have I let in some spyware or a Trojan Horse of some sort?

I don't think so. It just wants to know how much info to give you how fast.
If you're nervous just run Spy Bot or Norton and check for bad stuff. I just scanned this morning so I'll go back there and see if it leaves anything on my computer

If anyone wants a full history of the satellite industry, especially more detailed stories about Shaun Kenny, Bob Cooper has just released a new hard cover book (930 pages in length). I finished reading it last night, and even though I was a satellite dealer throughout the entire period, there were many things that I was totally unaware of.
Coop was at the center of it all, and in this book has revealed many names, places, and events that were previously unknown to the general public. Chart the rise and fall of the original C-band industry, the cloak and dagger history of the Videocipher 2 descrambler, and its subsequent compromise.

Visit www.bobcooper.tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts