Boston area Voomers experiences going to another provider

alsie731

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 29, 2004
Peabody, MA
Well it's April 13th and looks like the curtains down in a couple of weeks for us and wonder what others will do. D*, E* or Comcast or just ride it out with locals if we can still get them with our boxes if not collected. As a previous D* subscriber I have a bad taste in my mouth due to previous problems and don't like cable but really don't have much of a choice. Went online to Comcast but found out they give better offers if you call them. They seemed oblivious to Vooms shutdown (could have been talking to some CSR in India as far as I know) but asked if I could provide proof of having Voom and was the dish mine? Stated I could provide proof but dish was Vooms. Just basic digital without a movie channel including one HD box was $40.70 for 16 months (no commitement even though internet site stated 16 month commitement) and anolog for other sets in the house. Price natch goes up after time time frame. I think they said $55 for one movie package like HBO or etc. Did not get into HD content but it was stated locals HD when being broadcasted and a couple of others. So if any of you have switched from or too any other provider would appreciate your input for our area. Got to admit I haven't seen anyones HD set receiving E* or Com* so I know little of pic quality in my area. North Shore area. If this is in the wrong forum please change it. Thanks in advance for any input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)