bought my own equipment. ..dish cant activate

voodooevil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
North Carolina, USA
hi...bought 4k hopper and joey..dish installer went to activate and dish said it can not be done because i am in a low beam area? i live in Leland, NC 28451...i am lost for words

I'm not sure if it will work in your area or not but this is what I do know; Dish's system for setting up customers has programming in it that will not allow certain addresses to activate the Hopper 3. From what I read on the Portal there is not a manual way to get around it. All Dish says is that they have a solution being worked on that will be available by the end of the year.

You may want to contact DIRT just to double check your situation though.

Reactions: voodooevil
Why don't you "move" to another DMA that is on a spotbeam you can get, tell them your billing address remains the same. I use an address in Wedowee, AL to get Atlanta locals, but my billing address has always been the same. They even sent my recovery boxes for the HWS I leased from them to my billing address.

hi...bought 4k hopper and joey..dish installer went to activate and dish said it can not be done because i am in a low beam area? i live in Leland, NC 28451...i am lost for words

Welcome to the club. I'm being told that I'm in a low beam area, but I have a 1000.2 and my signal on 129 is over 55 on each transponder.

But you won't even try... Within minutes of doing it, you'll be watching TV. When the "low spot beam" issue is resolved, move back.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheKrell
Gotta wonder why all the new low beam claims by dish that didn't exist before the hopper 3 became available.

Many members here are reporting from dma's that are not low beam but dish is claiming they are.

What we do know is that if 77, 118 or low beam is tagged. Dish is saying no h3 for those until later this year.

I hope they provide some answers for those legitimately eligible before they lose those customers.

i would try...but if it involves repointing the dish i really do not want to mess with it

NO! Do not repoint that dish! "Moving" is merely claiming to Dish that your service address is in another DMA (or merely in the same DMA but farther to the east as Hall suggested) than you truly are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts