BREAKING VOOM DVR News from CES!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Dish Roamer said:
I wonder why people cancel Voom and continue to come to the voom forums just to joke around. Dish has a DVR, so go buy one and enjoy. They do have great looking HD. Us Voom subscribers will worry about voom's DVR release date. :yes

Wayne

Well you know smeagal did have this alternate personality.

To Newbie: Before I got VOOM I knocked the idea every chance I got. I even signed up thinking it could never be as good as it sounded. Too bad. I didn't get a chance to go back to AVS Forum and knock VOOM. It was ever bit as good as it sounded and more. Consider those who have spent anywhere from $10,000-$30,000 for Home Theaters but didn't go the extra steps to get an all HD package like VOOM with (count'em ) 42 HD Channels! They don't want to admit it or even consider trying it. (a person I know actually spent $30,000 on his Home Theater and has only 5 HD Channels)

Voomin@720p said:
I am a newbie to this forum and what I can't understand is why some are so anti VOOM. This IS America

You are right - this is America - a nation of laws with specific laws (written and unwritten) about false advertising, "bait and switch" policies, and "reasonable expectations". Voom made written and unwritten claims about its service and many people spent money to purchase VOOM systems when it was not possible to lease them. VOOM has yet to live up to many of their claims and promises and people who have made a financial commitment to VOOM (through purchase of a system or even just through several missed days of work for their install) feel cheated. This is what has caused many VOOM customers to become "anti-VOOM".

To be fair, we have to say VOOM gave the option to switch from "own" to "lease" and get a reimbursement. A lot of people did it (I believe that Sean Mota was one).

Walter L. said:
To be fair, we have to say VOOM gave the option to switch from "own" to "lease" and get a reimbursement. A lot of people did it (I believe that Sean Mota was one).

That is not entirely true. VOOM did not "give" the option. You had to know to call VOOM and then know to keep calling repeatedly if the first few CSR's did not know how to make the switch and told you that it was not possible. Even then some customers has to have their systems uninstalled and then re-installed in order to make the switch.

VOOM has a track record of NOT communicating with its customers. In the 15 months that I have been a VOOM customer I have only received one call from VOOM and that was when they called all the charter members to see which free "plus pack" they wanted since a free "plus pack" was offered when we signed up. What VOOM neglected to tell me (and all other customers) was that if you chose to stick with the VaVaVOOM package (even for one month) then you lost your eligibility for the free plus pack.

jnardone said:
In the 15 months that I have been a VOOM customer I have only received one call from VOOM.
I was with D* for 3 years and NEVER received a single call from them. Are you saying that VOOM should call me to see what I want? That is ridiculous!

Every time I have called VOOM I get a CSR with little to no wait time. The few times I called D* I was on hold forever and a day!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK VOOM! I support you 110%!!!!!!!

Voomin@720p said:
I was with D* for 3 years and NEVER received a single call from them. Are you saying that VOOM should call me to see what I want? That is ridiculous!

I am not saying that VOOM needed to call but they do need to communicate in some way when they change policies that effect their customers. They could send an email or letter or even just post the change on their web site.

In this case, their plan from the start was to call charter members to see which free plus pack they wanted after everyone had the free VaVaVoom for two months.

They never notified anyone in any way about the ability to change from purchase to lease of the STB. They never notified anyone in any way about losing the free plus pack if you ever subscribed to VaVaVoom. They never notified anyone in any way that they would not meet the SPECIFIC DATES promised for the DVR. They never notified anyone in any way that they would never provide the 39 HD channels advertised in their brochure, posters, web site, and TV commercials.

ChetK said:
Sorry Sean! You know, I'm your biggest fan. You know that right? I love what you've done with the place. Really!

Next time, I'll just say the real truth:

Voom is the best thing to happen to HD. Voom has the absolute best HD known to man and they will continue to do so unless Echostar buys them. The installation of Voom by Installs Inc. is a breeze. I hope Voom continues to add more HD content, but don't worry...Voom has plenty of bandwidth so picture quality isn't really much of an issue. It's just as good as Dish Network anyway, but with far more HD channels. If Voom decides they want to tell us that the PVR will be released by a certain time, they're just joking. It could be sooner or later than the promised date and you shouldn't worry about it either way. It will eventually be here and other companies joke about release dates all the time. Really, it's industry practice.

No just hope that you tell it as it is. Because it is clear that you have said is nothing new and has been repeated over a thousand times here! As it is, all satellite providers have problems but yet it is amazing to find the same guys who left pounding the same thing even though you care very little about it. I guess you care more than I do. :confused:

Hey Chet maybe when Mcdonalds gives you that well earned promotion you can maybe afford Voom.

jnardone said:
You are right - this is America - a nation of laws with specific laws (written and unwritten) about false advertising, "bait and switch" policies, and "reasonable expectations". Voom made written and unwritten claims about its service and many people spent money to purchase VOOM systems when it was not possible to lease them. VOOM has yet to live up to many of their claims and promises and people who have made a financial commitment to VOOM (through purchase of a system or even just through several missed days of work for their install) feel cheated. This is what has caused many VOOM customers to become "anti-VOOM".

If you are unhappy with VOOM or anyone is, VOTE WITH YOUR POCKET. That is the best way to do it. It will not matter to them if you post the same repeated stuff over and over here or any where.

I personally do not feel cheated. I paid $750 for the price of admission. They gave me three months free of programming and them reimbursed me my money when I switched to lease. We even posted a thread here a few people were able to switch after the deadline was over. If anyone missed it, well I do not know. It was well known that deadline was approaching to make the switch.

Jeez, this forum is a mess! Lol, I thought everyone upset with DVR release dates was over in the Dish forum :yes. It's funny that I just started thinking about switching to Voom today for when my E* contract runs out in November. This thread seems to have been brought back to life today for some reason.

Anyway IS there any kind of release date for the Voom DVR yet? I want HD but I won't get rid of my DVR to get it. The only way I'll switch to Voom is if I can have both. I'm guessing Voom will have an HD-DVR by November right? I hope so, that Kung Fu channel has my name on it.

kbohip said:
Anyway IS there any kind of release date for the Voom DVR yet? I want HD but I won't get rid of my DVR to get it. The only way I'll switch to Voom is if I can have both. I'm guessing Voom will have an HD-DVR by November right? I hope so, that Kung Fu channel has my name on it.

By November probably (hopefully), but don't hold me to that! :D

Nayl said:
Hey Chet maybe when Mcdonalds gives you that well earned promotion you can maybe afford Voom.

That's funny Nayl. You don't know me. I've spent over $25,000 on my home theater. How about you?

Sean Mota said:
Because it is clear that you have said is nothing new and has been repeated over a thousand times here! As it is, all satellite providers have problems but yet it is amazing to find the same guys who left pounding the same thing even though you care very little about it. I guess you care more than I do.

I've said nothing new? I simply pointed out that Voom, AGAIN, has made a false promise. See, you think I DON'T care. When, in fact, I absolutely DO. I WANTED Voom to succeed!!! I subscribed. Paid over $100 per month. And what did I get? Bad picture quality, shady customer service (even you people here say the CSRs suck), missed install dates, technical glitches, and a bunch of bandwidth eating channels that had repeating content.

When I see a company like Voom mismanage every possible aspect of their business, I feel it's ABSOLUTELY my RESPONSIBILITY to let prospective customers know what they're getting themselves into. Is it my "agenda" to keep new people from subscribing to Voom? I'll admit it right here and now. Yes! And if I have, I've done them a favor!

So, go ahead! Keep kidding yourselves. Keep calling me names and telling my I'm poor. Whatever makes you feel better. Really. I don't take life so seriously that everybody's insults around here hurt my feelings. I couldn't care less. In the end, I'm watching HD that doesn't have poor picture quality, I don't get misbilled, I'm informed (as much as a company can allow their customers to be informed), I get great customer service and I'm not even paying that much! You think I'm crazy for spending over $25,000 on my home theater and only having a few HD channels? I think it's rediculous to spend ANY amount of money on Voom to get sub-par HD.

So, vote with my pocketbook? I HAVE! Now, I'm helping to educate would-be customers so they can vote with theirs. In a forum where posts get bumped further and further down the list, it's my DUTY to give my opinion on happenings. You don't like what I have to say, there's a niftly little ignore feature that you have every right to use. This forum is about Voom and I'm always talking about Voom. Go back and read any of my posts and you'll see that I'm never off-topic. Just like you people that praise Voom, I have every right to slam it.

I would absolutely hate it if I bought into Voom if EVERYBODY said it was this wonderful thing and then I found out that it wasn't AFTER I signed a contract. Many people around here want to bash me, when they should be thanking me for my honest and fair insight to the company called Voom.

ChetK said:
Is it my "agenda" to keep new people from subscribing to Voom? I'll admit it right here and now. Yes! And if I have, I've done them a favor!

You're just looking for attention... negative, positive, it doesn't matter.
Please go do something useful with your life and keep your useless posts for yourself. Sean is absolutely right, you have no new info to post, your posts are repetitive.

And you know what's kinda funny about this. If Voom did things right, I'd be the first one here talking about how great they are. And that's a fact.

ChetK said:
And you know what's kinda funny about this. If Voom did things right, I'd be the first one here talking about how great they are. And that's a fact.

And because of your attitude and negativity, no one would care anymore....

Mods,

If you are going to continue to let ChetK post in this manner, can you please move his posts to a new thread under the customer comments section? He has no useful information to post about the DVR. I am sure that there are lots of Voom users like me who get excited about seeing new info in the DVR section and are very disapointed when all we see is his venom.

Thanks.

Leave it. It just shows how ridicules some people can get. It can only show their particular agenda and nothing more. By deleting it or moving it to somewhere we just give them more credit than what they deserve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts