BREAKING VOOM DVR News from CES!!!

ChetK....I really used to value your opinion. Yes I have some of the same issues you have with VOOM but I chose to stay. If VOOM were gone I would just go back to by BUD because PQ is an issue with me. I am still not as happy as I was just a few weeks ago before the encoder change. I also wish VOOM would communicate more, but having said that,...it is still the best value for my buck. I see D* and E* demos out there and they make me sick compared to my BUD. VOOM is the only pizza size dish I would have considered.

I am also disappointed to hear you admit that your aim to to bring down VOOM by convincing people who are considering adding or switching to the service. I think there is enough information in D*, E* & V* forums here and other places for people to make-up their own mind.

kbohip said:
Anyway IS there any kind of release date for the Voom DVR yet? I want HD but I won't get rid of my DVR to get it. The only way I'll switch to Voom is if I can have both.

From Post #41 of this thread:

"The DVR is real and working, again the features not working were the simple features all the hard work is done. I expect VOOM will meet its goal of getting the DVR out the door by the end of March."

This is from the guy with the inside connections to VOOM who has reportedly been "1000 percent" correct with his VOOM predictions.

Remember....VOOM is at the mercy of their supplier.. Motorola on the production. And do you think that Motorola is anxious to go into full production when they are not sure they will be paid? Give me a break. Sometimes I think some of you guys head is up a horse's behind. Besides... Do you want a DVR from VOOM right now before you are really sure the service is going to continue? If that isn't putting the "cart before the horse" I don't know what is!

ChetK said:
That's funny Nayl. You don't know me. I've spent over $25,000 on my home theater. How about you?

I've said nothing new? I simply pointed out that Voom, AGAIN, has made a false promise. See, you think I DON'T care. When, in fact, I absolutely DO. I WANTED Voom to succeed!!! I subscribed. Paid over $100 per month. And what did I get? Bad picture quality, shady customer service (even you people here say the CSRs suck), missed install dates, technical glitches, and a bunch of bandwidth eating channels that had repeating content.

When I see a company like Voom mismanage every possible aspect of their business, I feel it's ABSOLUTELY my RESPONSIBILITY to let prospective customers know what they're getting themselves into. Is it my "agenda" to keep new people from subscribing to Voom? I'll admit it right here and now. Yes! And if I have, I've done them a favor!

So, go ahead! Keep kidding yourselves. Keep calling me names and telling my I'm poor. Whatever makes you feel better. Really. I don't take life so seriously that everybody's insults around here hurt my feelings. I couldn't care less. In the end, I'm watching HD that doesn't have poor picture quality, I don't get misbilled, I'm informed (as much as a company can allow their customers to be informed), I get great customer service and I'm not even paying that much! You think I'm crazy for spending over $25,000 on my home theater and only having a few HD channels? I think it's rediculous to spend ANY amount of money on Voom to get sub-par HD.

So, vote with my pocketbook? I HAVE! Now, I'm helping to educate would-be customers so they can vote with theirs. In a forum where posts get bumped further and further down the list, it's my DUTY to give my opinion on happenings. You don't like what I have to say, there's a niftly little ignore feature that you have every right to use. This forum is about Voom and I'm always talking about Voom. Go back and read any of my posts and you'll see that I'm never off-topic. Just like you people that praise Voom, I have every right to slam it.

I would absolutely hate it if I bought into Voom if EVERYBODY said it was this wonderful thing and then I found out that it wasn't AFTER I signed a contract. Many people around here want to bash me, when they should be thanking me for my honest and fair insight to the company called Voom.

This will be the last time i post on this forum because i no longer need to since i went back to TWC. So i will give my info on this subject on what Chetk has been saying. First of all i know this will make alot of enemies on here but you don't know me and i don't know you so why should i care? I have to agree with everything Chetk just wrote. This forum is to help ppl learn about Voom and Voice your own opinions and personal evaluations. There are no rules stating you are only allowed to post here if you write to rave and brag of only the good things about Voom. The section that says "CUSTOMER COMMENTS" did not state that you were allowed to post only good comments about Voom but if you had complaints, go elsewhere. So why is everyone in such an uproar because Chet is one of many who was not happy with Voom and only wants to inform others before they make the switch to know the good as well as the bad??? I only wish i would have read his comments before i signed a 6 month contract with Voom. PPL don't just wake up one morning and say" i think i'll sign a 6 month contract with voom so i can lose my money and then bash them" There is a reason ppl are unhappy. I was all for Voom also which is why i put my trust in them. I will admit i was totally satellite illiterate because i have had cable all my life. This was a new experience for me. I was not happy with the CSV who made all these promises of their DVR, local sports channels added. I made sure i asked these questions thoroughly before i signed up and was told the DVR would be introduced in March. I also asked recently about what several ppl posted about Voom offering the va va voom free for 2 months to everyone who calls and asks for it and i was told that offer did not exist. How professional of a company is that to be biased to certain customers??? Like Chet said, promises these ppl can not keep, only lure new customers in with lies. The first 2 wks went well for me when i had voom, then i started having major problems with my receiver, constant errors. I was told it was the DVI on my tv which was bull. I purchased a set of monster cables and it worked a few times as long as i re-boot my receiver 3-4 times throughout the day. Once again, CSV was of no help. The most embarrassing part was inviting friends over and having the error msg's come on and no signal. Not a good impression on Voom's part to them. I finally realized i had it with their problems and drama of this company. I did not pay for drama, only service. I went back to TWC and amazingly my DVI seems to be working fine. I never realized how nice it was to turn my tv on and actually have a picture immediatley with NO errors....Their SD definately appears to be better in quality also. For me to lose $250 to get out of a contract must be pretty bad, but this is how angry i was at Voom's service...Anyways, maybe the satellite guys need to change the rules on this forum if you don't want to hear any of the bad parts of voom from unhappy customes. I'm sure there are many who are happy with Voom, thats great, but there are also many who are not happy and they deserve to know the good as well as the bad and then let them decide if they want to take that chance. Thats what i thought this forum was about, informing the ppl not lying to them saying they will have noo problems with voom and don't listen to the ppl who are having problems. Well, enough said. I ditched satellite all together and just went back to what i was used to since i know it was working for me, i have my DVR and didn't miss my spurs game last nite, and i have the HDNET, INHD, INHD2, HD on demand, PPV ...Now those are channels worth paying for...Oh also i get the military channel, lifetime,fox movie channel, Discovery channel HD with all my local sports channels with the NBA channel for what i was now paying for Voom and their not listed in a premium package. So for all you new possible voomers out there, the only advice i can give you is please do your research first on this company. Look at all options, good and bad. Many times satellite is a gamble, it works for some but not others. but company stability also says alot. I know there is NO ONE on this forum who can promise company stablity for Voom right now.....So what exactly did Chetk do that was sooo wrong here??? He voiced his own opinions and evaluations....If you don't want opinions and evaluations negative as you see them, CHANGE YOUR RULES....Good luck to all....

ChetK said:
Is it my "agenda" to keep new people from subscribing to Voom? I'll admit it right here and now. Yes! And if I have, I've done them a favor!

QUOTE]

Ok. So, you had a bad Voom Experience? You don't want people to subscribe to Voom? You are doing people a favor by sharing?

It that about it?

I learned a long time ago that if a troll is ignored they will go away. They want/need/seek attention. If they don't get they will go to a board that will give it to them. I generally ignore trolls.

Back on track. I am really looking forward to the DVR. I think once it is released all the delays will be forgotten (by non trolls) and we will be in Voom bliss! :)

Texasgal

I respect what you had to say and your right to say it in this forum. Some of us have had good experiences and some bad like you. I wish someone had been able to assist you. You at least said your piece and indicated you would go.

Chet on the otherhand stays around and beats it to death. Is he as morally responsible for others in his real life? That is what gets to people.

Good luck to you and come back to visit

Jamey K said:
ChetK said:
Is it my "agenda" to keep new people from subscribing to Voom? I'll admit it right here and now. Yes! And if I have, I've done them a favor!

QUOTE]

Ok. So, you had a bad Voom Experience? You don't want people to subscribe to Voom? You are doing people a favor by sharing?

It that about it?

No you are missing my point. As i said, satellite is a gamble, you can't make everyone happy. Its all about what works for you. I only want new possible voomers to weigh their options like i wish i would have done. Then it would only have been my fault because i knew the consequences and took them. Their are many having excellent experiences with voom, i wish i was one of them. I guess especially if you are hooked on the DVR, then voom isn't for you right now till they actually get one. If you only want the HD channels and limited sports, then voom is for you. But also be prepared to not get your locals either....Thats the biggest gamble.

I am hoping they offer a lease for existing customers. But I guess if they don't, I will be shelling out some moola for it! :)

I am excited and I think it's probably getting close to release! Personally, I would rather have it delayed and work correctly, then to have it released with a ton of problems. I think VOOM is making the right move here!

Keep up the great work VOOM! I am a paying customer as long as you continue to provide the best HD on the planet earth!!!!!!!

dlm10541 said:
Texasgal

I respect what you had to say and your right to say it in this forum. Some of us have had good experiences and some bad like you. I wish someone had been able to assist you. You at least said your piece and indicated you would go.

Chet on the otherhand stays around and beats it to death. Is he as morally responsible for others in his real life? That is what gets to people.

Good luck to you and come back to visit

Well thank you, that was nice of you to say....I wish it could have worked for me because that $250 loss is big for me, but if i can't even watch my tv, i lose either way....I think maybe the area might be a factor also...Thats what i meant by satellite being a gamble, it works for some but not everyone.. I do wish the CSV would have been more honest with me and more helpful.....Maybe in a few years they will be totally complete....But you have to admit, ppl do deserve to know the truth and allow them to decide to take the plunge themselves.

Ahem.... Back to our regularly scheduled program.

So what is the general consensus on the DVR and VOOM. Will VOOM take the D* route and charge out the yang for it or will they take the E* route and offer it fairly cheap? Or could they take the cable route and offer it for free and charge a monthly fee for using it?

I hope they offer a monthly fee for it!

For someone who spent 25k on a system such as you claim to complain about 100 dollars a month your spending is laughable.Voom even with ALL the pq problems they are having and delayed release of Dvr is STILL 100x better than anyone else is offering you chose not to stay and move on so drop it and do just that.

Your making yourself look like a troll and a fool and if you ever do say anything or value ppl will discredit you quickly because of posts like this were your personal feelings cloud your judgement.Voom is getting better and will continue to get better.

texansgal8 said:
Jamey K said:
No you are missing my point. As i said, satellite is a gamble, you can't make everyone happy. Its all about what works for you. I only want new possible voomers to weigh their options like i wish i would have done. QUOTE]

Wow. I thought I was responding to Chet but Ok. I'm about to earn the first 3 day vacation here...in fact, I'll impose it on myself.

While everyone has the "right" to say whatever is it they want to, I think good manners are expected. I won't listen to anyone (even if I agree with them) who coats their opinions in a venonous delivery. I have the "right" to ask that the same thing not be repeated over and over again with the intention of making others...or me... feel stupid because they can't seem to grasp what is "so obvious".

Chet can say what he wants, be he sounds like my three year saying the same over and over and louder and louder because I just didn't fall down and see " Oh yes..I agree you are so right. I was so stupid not to see it for myself. Thank you, oh Thank you for setting me straight".

I'm a grown-up...I did my research before I switched from E* to Voom and I did what I did. In the last two months, my experience with Voom, from the Csr' to the installer have been stellar. My last two years with E*, were a nightmare. From the installer who drilled an hole into my roof to install my 2nd dish, and caused a leak and ...and caused my 501 to shut down whenever it wanted it too, to the csr who insisted that I mail my receiver back for "a few weeks", to the phone system that kept me on hold for 20 minutes. I was one of the first E* customers and it was crazy that my service went south so fast.

I looked...I read....I researched and I made a decision. It was the right one for me. Chet's "DVR is ready" was childish...mean, and just a cry for attention.

So, from my tiny little spot in Texas...from my feeble uninformed mind...please know I have read Chet's arguments....I have endured his pathetic attempt to force his experience into everyone's, his refusal to believe that some of us have been treated better by Voom than his beloved E* and still mattered to keep a job, find their car in the morning....and get through life without his help.

Rant done...I'm out for three days. My AIM address is in my profile and if you, Chet, or anyone else wants to contact me, you may certainly may do so, but I have defended my decision to switch to Voom for the last time in the forum.

See ya Sunday.

Hey Jamey K, before you go for 3, I see nothing wrong with your post. I don't think it deserves the vacation.

I know it is hard to ignore a troll but trust me on this, if everyone here ignored the trolls they would leave. They want/need/desire attention. By responding to their rhetoric you are giving them exactly what they crave. ATTENTION.

I know it is hard but try to ignore them and they will eventually fade away when they don't get their attention fix!

BTW. I agree 100% with what you said in your post! :)

Voomin@720p,

You're totally wrong about the "attention" thing you keep mentioning. I couldn't care less.

You can call me a "troll" all day long, but, to this day, I still have never made a personal attack and ANYBODY on this forum. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but, then again, I'm certainly entitled to mine. I've been nothing but fair. There's no rule here that says you must be a Voom subscriber to post messages about Voom. I have followed all the rules.

So, anybody know when the PVR will be here?

ChetK said:
Voomin@720p,

So, anybody know when the PVR will be here?

From Post #41 of this thread:

"The DVR is real and working, again the features not working were the simple features all the hard work is done. I expect VOOM will meet its goal of getting the DVR out the door by the end of March."

Scott Greczkowski

jnardone: That post was before the VOOM survival crisis. Now everything has changed. If VOOM survives, the latest info that we have is what Scott posted here

Walter L. said:
jnardone: That post was before the VOOM survival crisis. Now everything has changed. If VOOM survives, the latest info that we have is what Scott posted here

According to VOOM there was no crisis. Has VOOM ever notified customers in any way that there was/is a crisis? VOOM has said all along that it is "business as usual" so why would anyone working on the DVR have had to stop or slow down?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)