Brighthouse 1056B03 Remote Power Key Not Working

g_noyes

Original poster
Feb 16, 2014
Florida
I just got a new Bright House remote, 1056B03, as the previous one wore out. Used to be on the old remote (OCAP-5) all you had to do was press the "red power" button and the cable box would turn on and then the TV would turn on. Pressing it the second time turn both off. This was accomplished by using the Master Power Key Marco 995. I've tried this procedure many times and cannot get it to work. This procedure is not explained in the abbreviated manual they provide but is at Universal Electronics web site. I would like to know if this is the way the 1056B03 is supposed to work or is there a problem?

In another area, this model has back lighted keys. The same support web site above says you can turn feature on and off. This doesn't seem to work either. ???

Any help explaining this would be appreciated.

...In another area, this model has back lighted keys. The same support web site above says you can turn feature on and off. This doesn't seem to work either. ???
I also would like to turn off the backlight to save battery; I do not need the lights.

And I read that defining "shifted keys" (using Setup key as the 'shift' key) has been removed from B03 model. It seems like this "upgrade" was a downgrade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)