brownover

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't see any options for that on mine - although I may have missed it. Mine doesn't display that when I change channels.

I am not positive but I believe you can turn that off in the settings, I believe under display, preferences, recording tips

I don't see any options for that on mine - although I may have missed it. Mine doesn't display that when I change channels.
Thanks. I wish mine didn't, I already know that and the receiver will not do anything until I clear it or it times out.

The arrow in the guide is even more annoying. Our guide already has less info than others, to waste space in a one-line guide for the arrow is just dumb.

You could post a picture of what you are seeing, but just off the description that sure sounds like the "recording tips", which most of us have disabled and do not see.

Are you sure you disabled it in the menu? If is is still showing after you did that perhaps a receiver reboot would help.

Reactions: Jimbo
Press Record to record program ....

I have never seen a pop up that says that. Isn't it obvious that you'd press record to record? I thought, apparently incorrectly, that the OP was mis-quoting the "press << to start over. Record and fast-forward may not be available" message.

I have never seen a pop up that says that. Isn't it obvious that you'd press record to record? I thought, apparently incorrectly, that the OP was mis-quoting the "press << to start over. Record and fast-forward may not be available" message.
That arrow is to go back to the beginning of a show, this works for certain programs only.

They are annoying, but a little less annoying than when they first appeared.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)