Bsc621-2 C/ku Lnbf

Just wanted to make sure I didn't screw up because of it being a universal lnbf. All of the linear lnb's I have ever had were standard at 10750, so I was wanting to know what if any effect this will have in me pulling linear birds I have pulled prior to this universal. BTW, I have just ordered the 621, I haven't installed it yet. Will this lnb cause me any problems because it is universal? I want to use it for KU digital and analog, slaving a Uniden 4400 to my Pansat 2500a for the KU analog. The Pansat will control the polarity on the analog side.

you'll have issues since its a Universal

The frequencies on the anlog will be off by 150MHZ. I tried it once with an analog and everything was whacked because the UNiversal drops the frequencies by 150MHZ

you can adjust them on the analog but once you get to Channel 17 you can't go any higher because you'll go above 12200 for the frequency

As an example
Channel 19 is at 12080 MHZ
so add 150 and you get 12230...which is higher than 12200 so it won't work :(

Here is a link to the thread and I have re-posted some pictures as it was the BSC621-2 LNBF that used, really did seem to help on the Ku signals!

In short I cut out the center of the LNBF cover and replaced it with clear thin plastic. You can try it first by removing the cover (on a dry day) to tune in the Ku signals, replace the cover and watch the Ku signals drop! C-Band signals are not effected, they stay the same with or without the LNBF cover!

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=591497#post591497

Attachments

• Pict0090.JPG
    Pict0090.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 641
  • Pict0122.JPG
    Pict0122.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 650
  • Pict0091.JPG
    Pict0091.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 594
Eastcoast said:
Ok Pete
I did have a very temp arrangement and wanted to attach the unit more securely.the initial tests appeared good.
i will report how the 1.2m and 621 turn out for me later.(maybe much later)

Dave

Hey Dave,

Did you get anywhere with your 1.2m offset and C-Band?

I recently came across a Channel Master 1.2m Ku Band Dish (old DTN setup) and I am really tempted to hook up this new LNB to the dish and try and get some C-band stuff. I have read that some people say a minimum 8ft dish is required for c-band but Tele-satellite magazine has received C-band on a 1.0m and 1.2m offset with good luck.

If anyone else has any luck with 1.2m and C-band, what would be the best sat for me to start with? I am near Guelph, Ontario.

Thanks!

Mike

Other TPs on that bird, what is MPEG 1.5?

PSB said:

Pete, thanks for that information. I have a 1m Winegard and was looking to test whether I can get any C-Band feeds with it. Do you know what the MPEG 1.5 standard is that appears on other TPs on Anik F1R??? Is this an open protocol (not sure what to call it) or is it encrypted. I would love to access the Boston TV stations (grew up in Boston, MA).

best regaads (as we pronounced that word in Beantown), and look forward to your response,

greyskies in sunny South Florida

I know that MPEG 1.5 will not work with our DVB MPEG2 receivers!

Otherwise I would be all over that Minneapolis mux :)

Hi guys need some help,
I have received my BSC621-2 LNBF unfortunately I did not get this scalar ring...I have a 1.2 meter dish and see this ring is for mounting...I will attempt to make a wooden ring to use today and try to get this up on my dish however my dish arms are offset and the lnb aims into the center but I hope that this lnbf does not require that it be on center directly above the center of the dish to work? If so I will need different arms to attach it ..also even if I had this Scalar ring my 3 arms come out to a plastic lnb bracket used for D*shnet or Dtv lnbs and have a round tubed endings not the flattened ends that would never attach to the Scalar ring...So am I waisting my time here on the offset arms to attach this newer LNBF ? and does this ring do anything for the signal ?

The scalar ring is defiantly needed! It helps collect the signal and direct it into the LNB, and it also helps block signals from adjacent satellites!

I would contact your dealer and let them know you did not receive a scalar ring with your BSC621-2, it should also come with a dielectric plate for circular signals!

Thank you PSB,
I was working on it today then it got to Hot to continue,, Actually it was sent with the lnbf but my friend forgot to take it with him along with a meter as well that I purchased he came to visit it was easier to send him the stuff then mail it all to me.. well now it is worse.... I Understand what you are saying about the ring and its importance I still do not see how the Scalar ring will attach to these arms. I'll try to attach a photo of the current hook up with the circular lnb from D*sh..

Attachments

• Lnb Dish 1.JPG
    Lnb Dish 1.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 578
PSB said:
Just back from a week working on motorized satellite systems in L.A. California :)
First thing I see on my return is a new C/KU LNB for testing :)

Still working on it so once again this is a review/test in progress.

I have been using the Splendid ASC-421 C-Band LNB up until now and the first thing I did was swap it with the new CKU LNBF.

I was on a HD movie channel, the signal Quality was at 67% as soon as I swapped the LNB the quality jumped to around 70% :)

Still working on the KU side and will add my findings here........

The C-Band side is standard with the L.O. being 05150

The KU side of the LNB is a Universal with the L.O. being 09750-10600

The REALLY neat thing about this fantastic LNB is that it has its own internal 2x1 DiSEqC switch, so one cable from the receiver does it all!

MUCH more to come!

"High stability DRO, and using the new BSC technology"

Comes with a dielectric plate for the few circular polarized C-Band satellites.

Nasty Negitave remarks will always be removed from a review!

Can you say if the bsc621-2 c/ku lnbf will work with 4DTV.

Pete, I see you still have the cone shaped scaler I'd built for you some time back. Im very happy to see you put it to good use. I've been on a container ship at sea for 6 months and am trying to catch up on things, Keep up the good work ! I would like to ask how you find the reception of the Ku with the Ku / C combo as opossed to say the Ivacom .03 on the same dish. I think there has been some findings that combining both feeds will dimminish the Ku feed with the combo unit. I had limited success adding the Invacom to the back of my ASC421. Great work Pete, Alec

NICE to see you back Alec :)

I JUST posted this in another thread about this LNBF!

"You have to setup the Ku Band side FIRST, the focal distance, skew and azimuth are slightly different from Ku to C-Band.

Optimise the Ku signals, you may notice a slight decrease in C-Band signal quality but there is no rain fade with C-Band.

I also found that the C-Band and Ku Band signals are NOT at exactly the same place in the sky (Even on the same satellite), so you will have to move you dish in azimuth slightly for best results!"

I have never tried the Invacom on my 6' mesh dish (Just cut away the scalar ring to add Ku LNB's) so I have no real way to compare, but this LNBF is a compromise for people who want to experiment with C-Band signals.

Attachments

• Pict0105.JPG
    Pict0105.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 469
  • Pict0106.JPG
    Pict0106.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 410
I am presently using my Ku incorporated into the C band scaler and have tried to optimize the ku signal. It works fairly well, but the Ku is not as good as mounting the Ku by itself. Is there a noise rating for the Ku side of this combo your testing ?

Alec said:
I am presently using my Ku incorporated into the C band scaler and have tried to optimize the ku signal. It works fairly well, but the Ku is not as good as mounting the Ku by itself. Is there a noise rating for the Ku side of this combo your testing ?

I remember the work you were doing :up

BSC321-2 C/KU LNBFSpecs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BSC321-2 C/Ku LNBF
C Band
Input 3.4~4.2 GHz
Output 950~1750 MHz
LO 5150 MHz
Gain 65 dB

Ku Band
Input 10.7~12.75 GHz
Output 950~1950 MHz Low band
1100~2150 MHz High band
LO 9.75 GHz Low band
10.6 GHz High band
Noise 0.3 dB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts