Bsc621-2 C/ku Lnbf

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
PSB said:
Will not work as the Ku side is a Universal LNBF!

The BSC621 with 10750 LO is being produced at this time and will be on the way soon. You can bet Pete (PSB) will be getting some of the first ones. Our first shipment is small so you may want to start placing orders with Pete.

MrTim said:
The BSC621 with 10750 LO is being produced at this time and will be on the way soon. You can bet Pete (PSB) will be getting some of the first ones. Our first shipment is small so you may want to start placing orders with Pete.

Any works on a dual C/KU solution (like the Invacom Quad) so it can be used for multilple receivers?

updatelee said:
is there two outputs on this lnb ? one for ku and one for cband ? or does it use some sort of switch ?

YES and YES.
We use a internal switch with a external coax connection. You can use the switch for signal delivery on one coax, OR you can bypass the switch by using two runs of coax.

See more info at http://www.dmsiusa.com/bsc621-2.htm.
Also, Pete (PSB) has a lot of good information on this forum.

scottc98 said:
Any works on a dual C/KU solution (like the Invacom Quad) so it can be used for multilple receivers?

Not at the present time. As always, there are limitations to what we can do. The biggest limitation is the volume we can sell. If we can't sell a fair volume, we can't pay for the engineering, toolings, etc.

We've got some interesting things in the works. There are a couple of things I'm really excited about. One is a 0.3dB Ku LNBF that can be used on prime focus or offset. I don't believe anyone has ever done that! The other one.... well.... I'm holding back on that one until we have stock. The project is scheduled to complete in about four weeks.

Pete (PSB) is always a good source of information. I don't spend a lot of time on the forums (because I don't have a lot of free time). My normal day in the office is 14 hours long, and that's six days a week.

i am thinking of getting one of these lnb, primarily for KU, i have a 1.2m offset channel master ( i bought used for 25$, no mount but had the arms,also got a 1m channel master 20$ had mount ,no arms)decideing how to set these up, this will be my 1st endeavor into true fta,is PSB's lnb cover be needed( is his still on a mesh dish?)now i have to call sadoun and see if those lnb brackets (what channel master used to call "junction clamps") they sell for fortec dishes can be used with the channel master arms..but any helpfull hints and info for a newb would be appreciated,i wish i knew what MrTim was hinting at becuase maybe holdin off and buying one of the " held bad from mentioning until have stock" lnbs would be what i need,THANKS. ...ADD---ok i called Sadoun and the women would not say if the clamp can be used for channel master," we dont sell that dish", so anyone here know if the fortec clamp has same hole configuration?

Last edited:
zazu said:
PSB's lnb cover be needed( is his still on a mesh dish?)

The LNBF cover modification is not needed, but it did improve Ku signals by around 5% Signal Quality (Its also done at your own risk and will affect your warranty)

Yes I still use it with a 6' mesh dish.

Looking forward to trying the new 10750 L.O. Ku version. You can bet you will hear about the results here as soon as I get my hands on one :hatsoff:

I am thinking of trying one of these out.

Can anyone tell me what C-band sats I could expect with a 40 inch dish (east coast)

The other one.... well.... I'm holding back on that one until we have stock. The project is scheduled to complete in about four weeks.

Pete (PSB) is always a good source of information. I don't spend a lot of time on the forums (because I don't have a lot of free time). My normal day in the office is 14 hours long, and that's six days a week.

Well fellas....any update on this new product :)

Sorry, I was meaning the shipment of BSC621-2 with 10750 L.O. is on a ship making its way to the USA.

No info on the other projects, but I have a few ideas ;)

I'd recieved a BSC 621 from Sadoun, great folks there. Just yesterday I'd mounted the unit on a 10' dish I'd salvaged. The C band portion of the unit has been operating very well, some signals have gone up 25-50% more, switching from a 5' to a 10' dish. The C band portion of this unit seems to operate as well as a ASC 421. The Vertical portion of the Ku side was returning signals as high as 90% on G10R. I've been having some trouble receiving the Ku Horizontal signals. The tech rep. with Sadoun has been away, so I called DMS International and they suggested I check the scew and dish pointing. The scew and dish pointing are fine. I've spent a half day today trying a number of adjustments with the unit. The Ku side is recieving Vertical signals, listed at Lyngsat, as Vertical, while the C band side is recieving Vertical signals , listed at Lyngsat as Horizontal. I feel that the Ku LNBF is 90 deg. out of rotation from the C band LNBF. Its a nice unit, but I'm puzzled by the problem with the Horz. signal with the Ku LNBF. We've discussed issues combining Ku and C band wave guides, not an easy matter.

Attachments

• BSC 621.JPG
    BSC 621.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 542
Last edited:
I'd recieved a BSC 621 from Sadoun, great folks there. Just yesterday I'd mounted the unit on a 10' dish I'd salvaged. The C band portion of the unit has been operating very well, some signals have gone up 25-50% more, switching from a 5' to a 10' dish. The C band portion of this unit seems to operate as well as a ASC 421. The Vertical portion of the Ku side was returning signals as high as 90% on G10R. I've been having some trouble receiving the Ku Horizontal signals. The tech rep. with Sadoun has been away, so I called DMS International and they suggested I check the scew and dish pointing. The scew and dish pointing are fine. I've spent a half day today trying a number of adjustments with the unit. The Ku side is recieving Vertical signals, listed at Lyngsat, as Vertical, while the C band side is recieving Vertical signals , listed at Lyngsat as Horizontal. I feel that the Ku LNBF is 90 deg. out of rotation from the C band LNBF. Its a nice unit, but I'm puzzled by the problem with the Horz. signal with the Ku LNBF. We've discussed issues combining Ku and C band wave guides, not an easy matter.

The wave length difference between C and Ku makes for some interesting observations. Ku here is 11.7~12.2GHz while C is 3.7~4.2GHz. The difference in frequency translates to a Ku wave guide that is one third the size of a C wave guide because of the wave length. If your dish has large holes the shorter Ku frequency might bleed through the dish and be reflected very little. Holes in the dish should be no larger than the lead of a lead pencil. Also, because Ku is 1/3 the size (in wave length), your dish alignment and polarity alignment must be 3 times as accurate as C band. Higher frequencies have greater loss. Coax and connectors all play a big part in loss along with any other devices you may have in line. Ku reception that suffers on C band dish can be tracked back to one or a combination of these and other factors. Also, keep in mind that older C band dishes were never designed for Ku. Therefore, the manufactures had no reason to make the surface accuracy of dish good enough for Ku. There are other factors that play into it but these are the most important ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)