Bye Bye H2

Bummer.

I guess Ancient Aliens wasn´t good enough to keep it alive.

I liked it years ago when it was HIstory International and it actually had shows about International History.

I haven't watched History, H2, A&E or FYI (Biography) regularly in ages. I think the last thing I watched on History was "The Hatfields and the McCoys"

When History actually had history programs, and History International actually had international history programs I watched them all the time!

I do like car shows, so I watch counting cars and top gear US on history along with american restoration, which I think is cancelled or on a long hiatus, other than that, not much on them anymore that I care for.

You'll be happy to know that Rutlege Wood of Top Gear US is premiering a new show, "Lost in Transmission" starting on May 6.

Okay, so I forgot about Top Gear US. I DVR that and sometime actually watch the train wreck that is that cheap knock-off of a series. I haven't heard anything for sure about Top Gear US returning to History. Some sites claim it's cancelled. Some say Jeremy Clarkson is coming to the US series. I don't believe that for a second. And some sites talk about Rutt with two series!

H2 ... becoming Vice.

How depressing!

It's really a low point.

(This was posted from my smartphone, using Tapatalk.)

Reactions: TheKrell
I think the name change is symptomatic of the entire cable industry's fall. They grew so many channels and versions of the same channels in the 90s and 00s and now they are just playing name change to keep them looking and sounding like a new channel. Tv Guide became POP and H2 becomes VICE and I can't even remember what FYI was before it's name change. It is still the same crap( informercials, reruns and little original content) spread out over like 50 channels ,that were on the big 3 networks I grew up with as a kid in the 60s and 70s. Full on ala cart would end all this silliness quickly.

I think the name change is symptomatic of the entire cable industry's fall. They grew so many channels and versions of the same channels in the 90s and 00s and now they are just playing name change to keep them looking and sounding like a new channel. Tv Guide became POP and H2 becomes VICE and I can't even remember what FYI was before it's name change. It is still the same crap( informercials, reruns and little original content) spread out over like 50 channels ,that were on the big 3 networks I grew up with as a kid in the 60s and 70s. Full on ala cart would end all this silliness quickly.

That sounds right.

I still remember when TV Land, (which was born from Nickelodeon´s Nick At Nite) used to air only classic comedy.
Many moons ago when Sci-Fi (which was rebranded later as SyFy) aired only classic Sci-Fi shows,
Back in the day when TNN (The Nashville Network) was basically about country music, then it was rebranded as The National Network, then Spike.
And the story goes on and on.......

Exactly.

I may be getting old, but I remember that when MTV was born it was all Music TV, all Music videos all the time.

Years later it had stuff other than Music videos, Beavis and Butt Head reality shows you name it.

I don´t watch it anymore but I doubt they still have their original format of only Music videos.

FYI was bio which was also The Biography Channel.

Your point is excellent!

When digital cable came in, at some point in the 1990s, it encouraged unnecessary multiple screens by brand programmers so they could take advantage of satellite space in hopes of further success. A lot of them did it. And they ended up with a suite of channels under their brand name. What has been going on with a programmer like A&E is that The Biography Channel/bio became no longer of use and, to deal with that, it has since been rebranded to FYI. That's the case with A&E's sister channel, The History Channel, and its offspring History International. History International was apparently no longer of use; so, it became H2. Coming up, it will become Vice.

Aren't we so impressed by all this?!

In hindsight, it probably would have been a lot better, for subscribers, if the majority of these multi-screens would have just died.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Whens the last time you learned anything from The Learning Channel?

I don't even refer to that programmer anymore.

I'm not kidding.

I think I may have tuned in any given infomercial programmer, unintentionally, for more minutes during one year than that of "The Learning Channel" over the last five years.

Lots of channels started with a format which didn´t work out, they changed programming, they tried rebranding, whatever to keep them alive.

I seem to remember when Court TV was launched it was what I´d call an actual reality channel with real cases.
It didnt´t take them long to start changes in programming and air Law & Order Trial by Jury episodes, which by the way was the greatest failure IMO in the Law & Order franchises.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts