C1W-PLL lite Wideband vs C1W-PLL Wideband C-band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dl76

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 9, 2013
South Carolina
Hey guys i am gonna order one of these by Thursday, is there a major difference between the two as far as receiving signal. I read on Titanium web site the difference but i do not understand it. Basically just want to know if one would pull in a better signal than the other. It will be going on a 7.5 foot unimesh.

Also i am looking into a satellite positioner, I can not afford the ASC1 DiSEqC 1.2 Positioner right now, would have to buy that around tax time.

Are the Vbox 7 or Moteck vbox II any good? what do you recomend?

I have a C1W PLL lite and a C1W PLL used in different applications. One on my 10' dish and another on a offset 6' dish. Both are excellent choices, you can't go wrong with either model.

Reactions: Titanium
Also i am looking into a satellite positioner,
Are the Vbox 7 or Moteck vbox II any good? what do you recomend?
hi dl76. I haven't heard anything bad about the moteck vbox II's but we have had reports that the vbox 7s with only the name vbox on them that have been made in the last few years have been getting hot. I think the older version 7s with DMSI or Moteck on them have been fine. My vbox-7 WP_20151201_001.jpg WP_20151201_002.jpg has been fine with no problems. If you can buy one from a reputable seller like gotcand.com (wally is a member here) get it. Or if you can find one the Powertech GBOX V3000WP_20151201_003.jpg are an excellent diseq positioner box. I think Sadoun is all out of stock though. Also if your buying be aware that WS International or Galaxy Marketing is out of business but their website is still up so don't open an account there & input your credit card info. Hope this helps :)

Kevin

Reactions: sgs and dl76
Thanks guys ,the C1W PLL lite is suppose to be here by Saturday

Thanks
beavs2112
looks like a person on ebay is selling the vbox 7 and the box looks like the one you have.
gotcband website is not available. guess he closed up shop.

Reactions: Jason S and fred555
[QUOTE="dl76, post: 3777289, member: 187329
looks like a person on ebay is selling the vbox 7 and the box looks like the one you have.
gotcband website is not available. guess he closed up shop.[/QUOTE]
Jason typed quicker :)
I'm not sure what wallyhts ebay store is but his website has the moteck vbox-ii for $68.
http://gotcband.com/collections/motors-actuators/products/moteck-v-box-ii
or if the ebay vbox 7 is cheaper go for it.

Reactions: dl76
Are those moteck devices UL / CSA approved? The one I bought certainly wasn't.

sgs

Do they have to be approved if 24v or below? I thought i read somewhere that 24v and below is considered low voltage. 36v petitioners then are considered high voltage.

I think from building code the line is drawn at 24v. Anybody have any insight?

petitioners = positioners in spell check land.

I must have posted while sleepy and will answer my own question.
The box still has a 110v input and would need UL certification.

Reactions: KE4EST
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)