Call me nosy if you want...

Vicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 25, 2004
Rocklin, CA--near Sacramento
...but I've noticed that the numbers of people viewing the various satellite specific forums have pretty consisistently been:
VOOM and Dish--pretty even--with DirecTV about half of VOOM and Dish.

I got curious about how those numbers were distributed, i.e., members/guests, and what the top subjects were. Sort of got sidetracked when I spotted a thread called "Poll: Dish Turnover" which started a few weeks ago.

Now don't strangle me, because I'm not trying to start a war here, and I admit I didn't read the posts which gave details for the votes cast. :)

I just thought the results thus far with 179 people having voted, were pretty interesting: Roughly 23% had already switched, 41% said they were considering switching in the next three months, and 36% said they were staying. http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=42423&highlight=Poll

Comparing those numbers to the poll that was started today on the VOOM forum, where 55 people had voted: Roughly 84% said they were staying, 9% said they would probably leave, and 7% didn't know yet.http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=46773&highlight=Poll

Just something I'll have to ponder....I have an insatiable desire try to make sense of things. :what :D Vicki

Vicky,
A possible explanation is that most of the VOOM subs are former D* and/or E* subs. Since Voom is going down, the attitude is simply "let's enjoy it until it goes dark, no hurry on getting back to E* or D*"

Vurbano, we can't help it! :no We're just born that way. :dev ;)

Thanks, Gutter. I wish DeeAnn would freqent more often again. Sometimes I feel a little intimidated by all the testesterone in the room.... :rolleyes:

Aw, now Walter, you had to go and spoil all my fun!! :D You're probably right, but I think that the willingness to go down with the ship versus the rush for the lifeboats speaks volumes. :yes

Not trying to bump my own post...but...

...couldn't help noticing that just a minute ago it was Dish 163 viewing, DirecTV, 117, and VOOM, 271!!!

All those people that were ready to switch in the Dish poll I saw might be getting pretty interested about now! :D @party Vicki

Walter L. said:
Vicky, more numbers? ;)
Best I can do right now is that of the 1142 people active in all forums on the site right now, 25% are in the VOOM forums!

VOOM 294; Dish 192; DirecTV 113. Oh, yeah...and SatelliteGuys has acquired 40 new members in the last 24 hours!

No time to analyze further... :no Gotta get back to reading the good news and partying!! :D @party

In fact, forget the analysis...let's just party!!! @party @party :D

Vicki said:
Best I can do right now is that of the 1142 people active in all forums on the site right now, 25% are in the VOOM forums!

VOOM 294; Dish 192; DirecTV 113. Oh, yeah...and SatelliteGuys has acquired 40 new members in the last 24 hours!

No time to analyze further... :no Gotta get back to reading the good news and partying!! :D @party

In fact, forget the analysis...let's just party!!! @party @party :D

Party in progress here!! VOOM on!!
beerchug.gif

Indy said:
Where's the party? Is it BYOB or open bar?
California 2/22...come on out! :D ...afraid it's BYOB though :( ...I'm on a fixed income...Fixed WAY too low! :eek:

ddlsmith said:
Party in progress here!! VOOM on!!
beerchug.gif
Glad to hear it! :D @party Now where are you?...and is yours BYOB too? :confused:

And would you explain to me how you imported that little smiley that I saw in another forum? I tried, and just don't know how!! :eek: :what

Thanks ddlsmith!! I think I'm off and running now...

action-smiley-085.gif
Of course, you may get banned for teaching me that little trick...a whole new world of smilies has opened for me now...I can hear the moans already... ;)

But I'll buzz on down to San Antone, and join the party at your house if you don't mind!
party-smiley-020.gif
I'll bring some extra Corona too, just in case you run low! :D :D Vicki

Vicki said:
action-smiley-085.gif
Of course, you may get banned for teaching me that little trick...a whole new world of smilies has opened for me now...I can hear the moans already... ;)
smilie_o.gif
smilie_h.gif

smilie_d.gif
smilie_e.gif
smilie_a.gif
smilie_r.gif

smilie_l.gif
smilie_o.gif
smilie_r.gif
smilie_d.gif

Looks like they're gonna have to make a self-help group for "emoticon abuse" now... :D

Drink in hand ("Rum of the Gods" + Shasta Lemon/Lime).

AWWWW....You BEAT me to it!!...

deeann said:
smilie_o.gif
smilie_h.gif

smilie_d.gif
smilie_e.gif
smilie_a.gif
smilie_r.gif

smilie_l.gif
smilie_o.gif
smilie_r.gif
smilie_d.gif

Looks like they're gonna have to make a self-help group for "emoticon abuse" now... :D

Drink in hand ("Rum of the Gods" + Shasta Lemon/Lime).

...I was saving that for tomorrow...hoping not to let all my addictions and compulsions show at once! :D Drink in hand, also, but not nearly as interesting as yours...gotta get a bottle of rum and try that!! :D

I've signed up for the signed up for the self-help group already :eek: ...Anyone interested in supporting me there can PM me for the address...I know I can use all the help I can get!
grinning-smiley-028.gif
grinning-smiley-028.gif
:D

Vicki...you know you can count on me. I did chicks that are also big into tech.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)