called to cancel service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gpollock87

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
my 1 year subscription to the mostly music package was set to renew next month. i called to cancel and siriusxm started the offers right after i told them i wanted to cancel because i didn't listen to my radio that much anymore. they said lets upgrade you to the select package for a year for 90 bucks. i said no i'll pass. after several more offers the csr got down to 20 bucks for 5 months for the select package. i accepted the offer. i had every intention of cancelling. but, i could not turn down the last offer.

It's a good offer, but it would be an even better offer if they'd make a proportionally smaller offer for the Mostly Music pack.

My year is up as well and need to call them before I get the Full Price for 3 radios stuck on my bill.
Problem is if I call today for example, instead of me paying for it and adding to the time that it actually expires, Jan,Feb I think, they want to make it the day I call in and I don't like that idea, I'd rather keep it in Feb, but it keeps getting moved up ...
After looking at it, it expires on Jan 17th but if I call in early to pay it, it will move to whatever day I re up it.

3 radios, 178. + 25 royalties EACH, thats OVER $200 a radio ...
No one in thier right mind is gonna pay that, why don't they make a offer or a package that is reasonable in the first place, then they wont have people having to call in and wait on hold to talk to someone they can't understand.

Reactions: gpollock87
I let mine expire. They called about a dozen times, including what appeared to be a FaceTime call (per SWMBO). And a very few emails. I figured I would eventually get an offer I couldn't refuse. No longer: I don't miss them. Why?

- I mostly listened to the BBC, and I can get that on my iPhone, patched into my car radio.

- The comedy channels became so repititious and often too muddled to hear, I stopped listening.

- Music, I got. I even bought some Glen Miller for my 40s fix.

- News, I can get on my phone.

- Traffic and weather were so dated as to be useless. Wazi is MUCH better.

- Dropouts seemed to be getting more common

Reactions: Mr Tony
I let mine expire. They called about a dozen times, including what appeared to be a FaceTime call (per SWMBO). And a very few emails. I figured I would eventually get an offer I couldn't refuse. No longer: I don't miss them. Why?

- I mostly listened to the BBC, and I can get that on my iPhone, patched into my car radio.

- The comedy channels became so repititious and often too muddled to hear, I stopped listening.

- Music, I got. I even bought some Glen Miller for my 40s fix.

- News, I can get on my phone.

- Traffic and weather were so dated as to be useless. Wazi is MUCH better.

- Dropouts seemed to be getting more common
How do you let your expire ?
Mine says :
Subs listed are scheduled to Automatically renew on dates indicated.

Been with Sirius XM since '08, just had a chat with them on the website about billing.

Comes down to they say they have No Promos available at the moment .
My sub expires Jan 17th .... do you think they will have some by then ?

I told them they will be losing a long time sub as of the 18th if this is the case.

It use to be $195 for the first radio and like 1/2 price for addl. radios.
Not anymore.

I have begrudgingly paying about $425 for all 3 radios a year .... now they want over $600 :what

On January 12 or so, call and tell them to cancel all of your radios. They will do one of two things, cancel your subs on Jan 17 or offer you some discounts. They will offer you a discount that isn't all that good. Tell them no, just cancel. They will then offer you a much better discount. If you simply cancel, they will hound you on the telephone and in the mail with $5 for 5 or 6 month deals. Then, just before your 5 or 6 month ends, do it all over again....

Mine says :
When Home Depot got hit, my credit union replaced our cards. SXM only had the old numbers. I've got their phone numbers blocked now anyway.

Reactions: rangrdan
When Home Depot got hit, my credit union replaced our cards. SXM only had the old numbers. I've got their phone numbers blocked now anyway.
That may work for you, but, you are responsible to update your credit info. They could come back at you later. I'm not sure they would, but they have that option....

On January 12 or so, call and tell them to cancel all of your radios. They will do one of two things, cancel your subs on Jan 17 or offer you some discounts. They will offer you a discount that isn't all that good. Tell them no, just cancel. They will then offer you a much better discount. If you simply cancel, they will hound you on the telephone and in the mail with $5 for 5 or 6 month deals. Then, just before your 5 or 6 month ends, do it all over again....
But can I do this for 3 radios ?

That may work for you, but, you are responsible to update your credit info. They could come back at you later. I'm not sure they would, but they have that option....
No, I don't think you are REQUIRED to update your CC info...

Yes, they would like you to, but I don't think you have any obligation to do so.

The Provider at that time has 2 options, 1) bill you emial or paper bill and send to house, Or turn your service off ...

They are known to leave service on for months and even years.

Since I let my 1yr free promo expire, there have been 2 or 3 free listening periods, NONE of which turned my radio back on except for the 1 always on channel. What's going on here?

Mine says :

I called and told them to take the account off auto renew. I told them I was not paying more than 200.00 for two radios. They found a promotion that cost me about 160.00 for two radios.

I called and told them to take the account off auto renew. I told them I was not paying more than 200.00 for two radios. They found a promotion that cost me about 160.00 for two radios.
I told them to remove my CC info when I talked to them last week.

I may have to use that tactic as well, 3 radios with the programming I have has been costing me over $400 per year, thats about $440 IIRC, including tax and royalty fees.

Oh, royalties fees, another way for them to charge us extra with no options to the sub.

Our trial on my vehicle expired on the 27th. Since my other radio expires 1/25 I asked about aligning both so that they expire at the same time. I was offered a 1 month extension on the trial to "fix" this. Unfortunately they didn't apply this to the Internet radio and refuse to do so. I'll be calling to see what promo I can get but not sure if it's worth it.

Just got an email, $25 for 6 months and I didn't notice anything about auto renewing at full price.

Don't think I'll take them up on it. Doing just fine without them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts