called to cancel service

I recently cancelled. Had it for many years,enjoyed it,but it became a royal pain to cancel. You cannot do it on line and when you call they beg you to stay. Yes, I played the game, cancelled and they come back with deals, sometimes too hard to pass up. I now listen to my HD Radio in my car, which sounds great. Don't like the commercials though.

I do have Sirrius XM free with my Dish subscription.

My letter from Sirius said I could pay by check but that a $2.00 invoice filing fee would be added to my next bill. CC is preferred for obvious reasons. I saw posts on another forum from subs who paid by check and did not renew, and their service did not cut off when it expired, almost like there was a bug in their billing system if there was no CC on file.

Reactions: TheKrell
My letter from Sirius said I could pay by check but that a $2.00 invoice filing fee would be added to my next bill. CC is preferred for obvious reasons. I saw posts on another forum from subs who paid by check and did not renew, and their service did not cut off when it expired, almost like there was a bug in their billing system if there was no CC on file.
Wouldn't they just continue to send your a paper bill, expecting you to pay by the month at that point ?

I tried to cancel mine a while back, because my radio was broken. They basically wanted to give me a new one, not quite, but almost. And they offered all kinds of deals, and I still get mailers trying to get me back. I would, but I just really want to listen to Howard and that is all. The audio quality of the music is too compressed for these ears! I wish you could subscribe to Howard online as an a la carte deal.

I just got on the chat and told them to cancel me...didn't offer me squat! lol I mean not even an attempt. I didn't have time to call but ohh well. Then I started to get billed for a month or less of service for like $13 and something. I got back on chat and told them I wasn't paying nothing cause I told them when I upped it last time that I was to be put on NO auto billing and to let it expire on its own which it didn't. After about 5 minutes of back and forth I just laughed and told the guy good luck getting his $13 so he eventually waived it. Now I'm just waiting to see what calls or mailings I get to come back with.

To be honest I'm rather sick of that nonsense of the way they bill as its nothing but a trap...and kinda pissed at the way the guy on the chat addressed it. I could care less at this point if I went back to them or not so unless I get offered the world I won't go back.

To be honest I'm rather sick of that nonsense of the way they bill as its nothing but a trap...

Exactly. I've gone to the web a number of times to take advantage of their dirt-cheap promos. But then I read about their damnable subscription model in the fine print and decide against it.

Reactions: w6pea
Exactly. I've gone to the web a number of times to take advantage of their dirt-cheap promos. But then I read about their damnable subscription model in the fine print and decide against it.

Well the thing is you can find the promo codes all day long but you can't insert them anywhere on a sign up thru their site. That would be ideal vs having to call or talk to someone. I ended up getting a call yesterday by a CSR that offered me 6months for 24.95 so I took it but I told her that it better be set to auto expire and not auto bill me or else I wouldn't be back.

I ended up getting a call yesterday by a CSR that offered me 6months for 24.95 so I took it but I told her that it better be set to auto expire and not auto bill me or else I wouldn't be back.

Yes, that's a very good deal. Good luck with the auto-expire idea. I'd do that too if I trusted them.

No they go ahead and keep billing you for another 3 months and then send a bill in the mail saying you owe $40.

Then you call them to complain, and they are like you used the service and have to pay for what you used.

I purposely sent them a check last time I renewed because I was tired of them just automatically charging the credit card full price without my authorization.

I refuse to pay them the $40. Called them up with a fake name and told them I bought a new car and got a year free out of them.

Why? Only listen to like 2 stations

I hate companies that do business like that. My wife had a subscription to a woman's magazine that she never renewed. They sent a few extra mags and then sent out a few Late Notice snail mails trying to get us to pay. My local newspaper, The Allentown Morning Crawl (sic) does the same thing. They sucker you into a cheap rate, continue delivery past expiration with no authorization, and then try to bill you for the extra issues.

I just got a second letter from Sirius with the same offer, 29.95 for 6 months of the Select Package. I tore that one up too. I'm like you in that I only listen to a few stations but I only drive about 6K miles a year so I'm not putting in the hours on it.

Reactions: navychop
Made my semi-annaul call. Got the exact same thing I had last time, which is nice, took about 10 minutes, mostly which is them reading terms/script.

One radio - 6 months All Access (for the online feature, and NFL games, though I don't need that in summer) for $50.

Second radio - 5 months Select for $25. Push back that I want both radios six months for the "same cycle" and they gave me the Select for 6 months for $25.

$75 plus about $10 in royalty fee / tax and good to go for another 6 months.

$100 per car per year is about the limit I will spend for XM, but I pay a little extra to have the phone access and NFL. Love having MLB/NFL/NHL on my phone and in my cars.

Made my semi-annaul call. Got the exact same thing I had last time, which is nice, took about 10 minutes, mostly which is them reading terms/script.

One radio - 6 months All Access (for the online feature, and NFL games, though I don't need that in summer) for $50.

Second radio - 5 months Select for $25. Push back that I want both radios six months for the "same cycle" and they gave me the Select for 6 months for $25.

$75 plus about $10 in royalty fee / tax and good to go for another 6 months.

$100 per car per year is about the limit I will spend for XM, but I pay a little extra to have the phone access and NFL. Love having MLB/NFL/NHL on my phone and in my cars.
I think with all the stuff I have, it comes to about $ 150 per radio ... (3 radios)
Thats programming, Internet and Travelink.

My trial was up on the 11th so I called yesterday and got the Select pkg for 6 months for $28.46 total and they waived the $2.00 processing fee for a check so I'm good to go with them with no credit card. We'll see what happens in August when this deal expires.

My year is up as well and need to call them before I get the Full Price for 3 radios stuck on my bill.
Problem is if I call today for example, instead of me paying for it and adding to the time that it actually expires, Jan,Feb I think, they want to make it the day I call in and I don't like that idea, I'd rather keep it in Feb, but it keeps getting moved up ...
After looking at it, it expires on Jan 17th but if I call in early to pay it, it will move to whatever day I re up it.

3 radios, 178. + 25 royalties EACH, thats OVER $200 a radio ...
No one in thier right mind is gonna pay that, why don't they make a offer or a package that is reasonable in the first place, then they wont have people having to call in and wait on hold to talk to someone they can't understand.

Been with Sirius XM since '08, just had a chat with them on the website about billing.

Comes down to they say they have No Promos available at the moment .
My sub expires Jan 17th .... do you think they will have some by then ?

I told them they will be losing a long time sub as of the 18th if this is the case.

It use to be $195 for the first radio and like 1/2 price for addl. radios.
Not anymore.

I have begrudgingly paying about $425 for all 3 radios a year .... now they want over $600 :what

I got a renewal notice about a month ago. Says they are going to bill my credit card for 2 radio recievers@ $205.00 ea. Only problem i cancelled that credit card. Also i am not going to pay them over $400. for two radio's I don't listen to. When i move the one fro the house to the RV it works when it wants too. The one in my Truck is doing the same . Been thinking about buying a New Ford truck, Sirius/XM will be included (not cost me a Dime. I am also going to get a new Jeep for my tow vehicle behind the RV it also has Sirius/XM included. The only problem is it might be June or July before I get both New Vehicles. Oh Well I guess I can live without Sirius/XM for several months. I am starting to listen to Local Am/Fm radio any way, when the Sirius/XM radio doesn't work in the Truck anyway.

I got a renewal notice about a month ago. Says they are going to bill my credit card for 2 radio recievers@ $205.00 ea. Only problem i cancelled that credit card. Also i am not going to pay them over $400. for two radio's I don't listen to. When i move the one fro the house to the RV it works when it wants too. The one in my Truck is doing the same . Been thinking about buying a New Ford truck, Sirius/XM will be included (not cost me a Dime. I am also going to get a new Jeep for my tow vehicle behind the RV it also has Sirius/XM included. The only problem is it might be June or July before I get both New Vehicles. Oh Well I guess I can live without Sirius/XM for several months. I am starting to listen to Local Am/Fm radio any way, when the Sirius/XM radio doesn't work in the Truck anyway.
Typically your radio in the Ford will be active on a 3 or 6 month trial.
I too am listening to regular FM more often of late.

Reactions: w6pea
But can I do this for 3 radios ?
I am going to call them on Monday. My Subscription ends on 3/14/15 for 2 radio's they already charged my CC, I called the CC company and canceled the auto payment. Which by the way I never set up they just went ahead and charged the CC I used last year for the payment. I think they are going to have a problem this time I talked to the Credit Card Fraud dept., at my credit union ( I have been a customer for over 30 years) and they were not too happy with SiriusXm seems they have a lot of customers that they have done this to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts