called to cancel service

I just got off the phone with SiriusXM Cuss Some More Service aka Customer retention.:censored When I said I wanted to cancel my service, I about "Soiled Myself" She almost did everything except to offer as Sheldon from Big Bang Theory says; "Coitus" to get me to stay. Cut the price in half for the Truck Radio, and the same for in the House Radio, also she included internet at no extra charge Either they are hurting for customers or they don't want to loose their customer base. I have been a XM radio Customer since 2001. (even though I am now a Sirius/XM Customer,:oldmad:thumbdown not of my choosing when they merged)

I had the 5 months for $20 which expired this morning. I woke up and they had already billed me $54 and change for the quarter. I called to cancel and went to customer retention which sounds like someone in the good ole USA. They offered me the 5 months for $20 again so I kept it. I wonder how long I can keep stretching it out every 5 months lol.

I had the 5 months for $20 which expired this morning. I woke up and they had already billed me $54 and change for the quarter. I called to cancel and went to customer retention which sounds like someone in the good ole USA. They offered me the 5 months for $20 again so I kept it. I wonder how long I can keep stretching it out every 5 months lol.

Probably until they go under.

That is the one thing I dislike most about them is the auto billing. I don't want to be auto billed at all, if I expire then I expire and leave it be.
They really need to change their structure to relate to these promo prices vs the high amounts they have now.

Reactions: N6BY and TheKrell
Just called to "cancel" the wife's XM radio. Got the 5 months for $25 deal. Tried for the 5 for $20 but they wouldn't go for it. May have to actually cancel next time to get the 5 for $20 deal.

Yeah, I just signed up for the 5 for $20 (actually $23.nn). When do I need to call back to cancel, in order to prevent them from charging me $18 for one month?

And good luck with that. You will go thru Hell to cancel.

If I was EVER so possessed to re subscribe , I think I'd have to get a short term expiring card so they couldn't auto renew.

And good luck with that. You will go thru Hell to cancel.

If I was EVER so possessed to re subscribe , I think I'd have to get a short term expiring card so they couldn't auto renew.
I have told them multiple times to take my CC out of their file.
They tend to require it to read up though.

My experience cancelling was interesting. I've had the ala carte for years, and when I canceled it a month or so ago they said "fine, you have two dollars credit, do you want us to refund it to your card or keep it in case you renew." No hassles, but not one word said to try to get me to stay -- I'm almost insulted they didn't even try.

I have told them multiple times to take my CC out of their file.
They tend to require it to read up though.

My card number on file with them was used for fraud between when I originally subscribed and my last renewal. I got it replaced by my bank but the numbers are different now. When I accepted a deal they gave me for a one year renewal they tried to run my card and it was declined because the numbers are now different. Instead of asking for a new credit card the salesperson just asked me if I would like him to send me a bill.

I realize that I was in a unique situation but I was able to get them to renew me for another year without an active credit card on file. They may not want to do it but it's definitely possible.

My experience cancelling was interesting. I've had the ala carte for years, and when I canceled it a month or so ago they said "fine, you have two dollars credit, do you want us to refund it to your card or keep it in case you renew." No hassles, but not one word said to try to get me to stay -- I'm almost insulted they didn't even try.
I could be wrong but I sense that they are tired of giving some of us a reduced rate over and over again. They may also be shedding themselves of older subs----anyone over 50. Not sure if you fall in to either group. though.

I could be wrong but I sense that they are tired of giving some of us a reduced rate over and over again. They may also be shedding themselves of older subs----anyone over 50. Not sure if you fall in to either group. though.

I don't think that's what is happening. I think it is just very poorly trained customer service/sales reps. When mine expired last year I called and they wouldn't offer anything so I told them to cancel when that sub was up. Before it actually died, I called again and the rep was more than willing to make some good offers, one of which I took.

Getting ready to do it again. I'm in good shape to either keep it or chuck it as I don't actually use it much, mostly just on the 3-4 trips a year I make. It is nice to have then, but that also means it has a much lower value to me than they think it is worth.

That would be a bad way to go, seeing the trend is that the younger audience streams from thier phones and other devices.

Reactions: navychop
You will finf that as you age past 49 you simply ar not as valuable to advertisers---and therefore you are less liekly to get deals from SXM etc.

You will finf that as you age past 49 you simply ar not as valuable to advertisers---and therefore you are less liekly to get deals from SXM etc.

While you are correct as to how advertisers look at us older folks, when it comes to deals they don't care how old/young you are as long as they can make a deal and the sale. To think otherwise is foolish.

Reactions: steff3