Can i still record on TV 2 and watch on TV 1 if I have a Tivo connected to TV 1?

I'll give that a try but how will that solve the problem of where things record? This recording on the "wrong" tv is a problem from 7-10 pm and then during the day. I'd like to be able to manually tell it where I want it to record, but apparently I can't do that.

I see what you're problem is now but how did you not have this issue with the 622 receiver?

Yes that is how i want to do it, watching wise. And I did go and change it to default toTV 1, but it seems it is still going to TV 2 sometimes. I'll experiment when I can and get back to you. I'm having a problem with the remote vision wise so it'll have to wait.

So you had a 622 and everything worked just fine? Now you have a 722 and you are having troubles running it? . . . I'm assuming you already know everything I just stated above since this is how you set recordings on the 622 as well.
. . . .
I see what you're problem is now but how did you not have this issue with the 622 receiver?
I don't think the OP ever said that he had a 622 before, and now has a 722. From his second and third posts, I figure that he is new to Dish, and requested a 622 because someone told him the remote was different, and more suited to his needs. That of courses is not the case. The problem (as I see it) is that he would wants a solution like the EZ remote's large buttons, but for the TV2 location. Unfortunately, Dish does not have a UHF EZ remote.

Yes that is how i want to do it, watching wise. And I did go and change it to default toTV 1, but it seems it is still going to TV 2 sometimes. I'll experiment when I can and get back to you. I'm having a problem with the remote vision wise so it'll have to wait.

Previous timers will not change. You will have to delete any timers you setup before switching the Record Plus setting.

Hi, First I'm a she! I am new to satellite. When I was signing up I asked for the 622 because I didn't want HD. I instead was given the 722. Not being able to use the remote is only a part of the problems I have since I had a tivo which is considerably easier to use and much more user friendly. I am struggling to make this do what I want without having to jump through hoops, which it seems like I have to do.

Zach I change the setting and it is still not working right. I already deleted things and readied them. I'll test it out and see what happens. I'm guessing there is no way to choose where I want it to record while I'm setting it up without going back and forth to change the TV and then hope I remember to turn it back. Not user friendly.

Zach I change the setting and it is still not working right. I already deleted things and readied them. I'll test it out and see what happens. I'm guessing there is no way to choose where I want it to record while I'm setting it up without going back and forth to change the TV and then hope I remember to turn it back. Not user friendly.

You can disable Record Plus then setup the timers from the TV you'd like for it to record on.

Apologies for the gender misunderstanding. Had no indication one way or another.

If you want all recording to record on TV1 (unless there is a conflict), then enable Record Plus and set the default to TV1.

If you want some recordings on TV1, and some on TV2, then disable Record Plus. At that point, the timers will be set for the location from which you physically set them. For example, if you want a recording to use TV2, then go to the TV2 location and set the timer. TV1 should be used to set timers for TV1.

In either case, a second recording in the same time frame as one that already exists will be set to the other location.

Edit: as Zach stated much more briefly above. :)

I don't think the OP ever said that he had a 622 before, and now has a 722. From his second and third posts, I figure that he is new to Dish, and requested a 622 because someone told him the remote was different, and more suited to his needs. That of courses is not the case. The problem (as I see it) is that he would wants a solution like the EZ remote's large buttons, but for the TV2 location. Unfortunately, Dish does not have a UHF EZ remote.

OK, I got it now. I see where he said he asked for a 622 but was installed with a 722. I was thinking he had a 622 and it was replaced by a 722.

I don't know what your monthly budget for TV is but maybe a Hopper with Super Joey would have been beneficial. This way you could be able record multiple shows while still being able to watch live TV in either room. Of course this system is more expensive but it would save the trouble of recording conflicts.

I'm having a problem with the remote vision wise so it'll have to wait.
How do you cope with the TiVo remote?

Perhaps you're creating a situation that needn't exist by insisting on incorporating the TiVo. Without the complication of the TiVo, you wouldn't have to worry about which "TV" a program was recording on and the DVR could work as it was designed to work as opposed to being forced into unique circumstances by the needs of the TiVo.

Zach, Ok that might work and lower my frustration level. I have a question. If I set up to record from TV1 two shows that are on at the same time, but one has multiple showings throughout the week. Will it find another time that show is on and record it? Also, if I'm on TV 1 and a show is recording, can i watch another channel? That would work out for me.

Also, if I'm on TV 1 and a show is recording, can i watch another channel? That would work out for me.

You would not be able to watch something else if your receiver is in dual mode. Are both TVs ever in use at the same time, meaning is there ever a time when two people will be watching different shows on both TVs? This answer may change what I recommend.

Right now, it was not working the way I wanted it to, it was unwieldy and difficult and I was constantly canceling and restarting timers. I wanted to set up my Tivo because I was sick of dealing with that AND because I can't manage the remote.

I'll try what Zach said for now and not hook up my TIvo.

BTW, where can I get a channel listing with big print?

@thekrell. I use TV 2 in my bedroom. I want to be able to watch TV live in there at night from 7-10 but it is scheduling programs to record there even though there is no conflict. I have to go delete them and then reschedule them so it goes to TV 1.

When the tech left he had it set that TV 2 was the primary recording place so I changed that (took 1/2 hour in chat with a tech to figure that out).

If you want to watch something that is recording on TV 2 on TV 1 (or vice versa) while it's recording live you can always go into the DVR list select the program that is recording from the DVR recording list and choose "Watch Live", "Start Over" or "Resume"