Can the Hopper Guide and DVR Listing Font Size be User Changed?

ejwhite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 28, 2013
Minnesota
I haven"t been able to find a way to make the Hopper's Guide or DVR Recordings Listing larger print. On the 722k you had a choice of the font size and that worked well for my wife who has difficulty seeing the smaller font. Although it is nice to see 3 hours in the listing, she would rather have a 2 hour listing and be able to read it well. The same is true with the DVR Recordings Listing. The graphics are nice, but again, the font is small. For someone with vision problems it would be nice to have the option to change the font size.

I have checked through the menus and can find nothing, or am I looking in the wrong place? Please don't say, "move closer to the TV."

Thanks, that is what I was afraid of. Maybe it is something they could do in a future software upgrade.

Is there any place, other than here, that customers can give Dish suggestions or customer feedback directly?

Thanks, that is what I was afraid of. Maybe it is something they could do in a future software upgrade.

Is there any place, other than here, that customers can give Dish suggestions or customer feedback directly?
This is actually the best place.

Sent from my iPad using Safari.

Agree, add an option for us older members who can't see as well.
I liked the old Dish 722 guide. Bigger Font and it only showed the next 1 1/2 hours so there was room.
Just make it an option please. Some may want it.

I also wish they would change the font size. My dad says he cannot see the EPG. On the old DVR he was using I adjusted it to fewer channels on the EPG to make the font larger but he could read it.

Reactions: BnT.atl
I remember this was discussed soon after the Hopper was released. There were many including me who had the same complaint/suggestion but never got a satisfactory response from Dish. I guess they ignored it so long they thought it had gone away. Glad to see someone revive the suggestion. Maybe somebody will notice if there are enough comments.

Reactions: BnT.atl

This is a great place, or you could leave feedback on the Hopper Wishlist at support.dish.com

Make sure you match the "native" screen size 720p or 1080i of the TV and not the channel. If your TV's native mode is say 1024 or 768 there may be no help. Dish boxes output in one resolution for all channels regardless of the channel's choice--typically 720 for Fox and many ABC, 1080 for NBC and CBS on the primary sub-channel. The wrong choice will look fuzzier for small fonts--try both and see if one is better. Menus are generated internally and I don't know if they switch font size. -Ken

Keep in mind that ALL sizing is probably going to change with the "makeover" they're supposed to do later this year to the new black EPG...where they're going to reduce the amount of time span on-screen to 2.5 hours. I am NOT happy at all about this & am seriously considering going back to 722k receivers. (for that AND other reasons as well...) :mad:

Reactions: pattykay
There is such a thing as too small a TV or sitting too far away.

To some extent it should be on the people with terrible vision to step up and address their problem.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts