Canadian Sat Thread?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do remember them. But I do not remember how long ago they vanished.

The Canadian Satellite forums were put into the archives. I don't know where you would put current discussions.

I remeber seeing them on the "Old style" forum. Now that the forum has ben updated to the present looking one they've disappeared. Not sure why or if the owners of Satellite Guys no longer wishes to have one?

I wish they were where we could post to them. I have a question about my Shaw Direct channels not being received any more.

Agreed,
Not sure if your issue has something to do with the transition Shaw Direct started on April 4, and that was mentioned in the threads until a month ago, Shaw Direct will start to drop some std def channels from F1 and F2, which are already in HD on G1. I seem to remember that they would also convert to MPEG 4 some of the channels on F1 and F2,

Therefore those of us who are outside of G1's footprint will start losing channels, same thing if you don't have a 600 series receiver, since the previous ones can't do MPEG 4 channels.

Agreed,
Not sure if your issue has something to do with the transition Shaw Direct started on April 4, and that was mentioned in the threads until a month ago, Shaw Direct will start to drop some std def channels from F1 and F2, which are already in HD on G1. I seem to remember that they would also convert to MPEG 4 some of the channels on F1 and F2,

Therefore those of us who are outside of G1's footprint will start losing channels, same thing if you don't have a 600 series receiver, since the previous ones can't do MPEG 4 channels.
This sounds exactly like what is happening to me. I don't know if Shaw is worth it ($$) since I'm getting so few channels. I wish Bell's footprint reached back into the states.

It might have a bit to do with the few posts in the forum, relatively. There were a total of 185 posts over the last 15 months. That's 19 posts a month.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)