Cancelled dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
They should have been sent automatically by the system UPS 4th day when the account was cancelled. If you would like to start a private conversation with me and send me the phone number and 4 digit security code on the account I can check the account and if they have not been shipped I will get shipped for you.

Reactions: MikeCTM2
I cancelled dish about 3 or 4 weeks ago. How long does it usually take for them to send out the boxes, so I can return the equipment to them?

Don't worry I had 4 boxes sent to my other address...while every time I got my email I called to change it...When they finally got it right...it took 2 boxes to the correct address....Took 3 weeks and 6 boxes sent.....I think that's were the delinquents go before they get fired?

Did you by chance have a separate mailing address and service address?

Well, the system will default sending the boxes to the service address. I suspect that is what happened to AZ.

Yes it does default to that, I had to work hard to get that changed one time. :shh

Just cancelled dish yesterday after almost 10 years.

They made some enticing offers- $50/mo off for one year + HBO & Cinemax for one year with no contract extension. it was tempting, but the decision had already been made.

Thanks everyone for all the help over the years. DIRT is fantastic.

Don't sign up for a new service if you can, you will get an even "sweeter" deal in about 10 days.

We have free cable (crappy as hell) in our area. That + OTA on the TivoHD provides quite a bit to watch. However, we just got a notice that our home phone will be going up next month. After taxes and all for a PLAIN jane phone line, we pay ~$38/mo. We currently pay TWC ~$80/month for internet alone.

We are looking into the their $89 triple play bundle. Since we will not need any of their equipment, that will help keep the price in check. However, modem lease fee jumped to $8 last month and cable cards went from $2.50 to $4. We were quoted, including taxes, the monthly total will be $121.41 for all 3 services with 3 cable cards.

We have free cable (crappy as hell) in our area. That + OTA on the TivoHD provides quite a bit to watch. However, we just got a notice that our home phone will be going up next month. After taxes and all for a PLAIN jane phone line, we pay ~$38/mo. We currently pay TWC ~$80/month for internet alone.

We are looking into the their $89 triple play bundle. Since we will not need any of their equipment, that will help keep the price in check. However, modem lease fee jumped to $8 last month and cable cards went from $2.50 to $4. We were quoted, including taxes, the monthly total will be $121.41 for all 3 services with 3 cable cards.
Walmart has a $9.99 interner phone service that will plug into your modem so $80 to TWC plus $10 to Walmart is less than $121.41, you already have free cable and OTA.

My Cox internet promo will be expiring soon and bundle offers look incredible. Free HBO for a year and all the major OTA subchannels have guides with their own channel numbers. They are even throwing in a 200 dollar gift card. I could get a TIVO 4 tuner that can do cable card and OTA with 4 mini Tivo's, pay a lifetime service and be done with it. I could switch back OTA and cable depending on cable deals this way!

Yet another good subscriber lost because pricing is just getting too ridiculous. Others have said it before on this forum, but at some point the 'bubble' is going to pop and people in general are just going to say 'to hell with it'.

agreed. We went all the way down to at120 over the years to adjust. It just didn't feel like we were getting our money's worth anymore.

Walmart has a $9.99 interner phone service that will plug into your modem so $80 to TWC plus $10 to Walmart is less than $121.41, you already have free cable and OTA.

The free cable in really crappy- no HD at all. We get the big 4 via OTA in very nice HD.

From the way it "looks", the bundle will save us quite a bit of money compared to what we currently pay for the 3 services. + A LOT more channels than we had with at120. "Looks", because we were given different stories as to what it will actually cost once the promotional period is over.

It was tough, but a choice had to be made. Same as what happened with Sprint after 14 years. We now have better cell service and we pay $150 less per month. Hopefully, things work out with tv as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: foghorn2
Well, the system will default sending the boxes to the service address. I suspect that is what happened to AZ.

Well I caught it each time and called....Said it would not be a problem and it was.....So after 5 boxes sent...they got it right on the 6th.....How they ever even thought I had a 211 box is beyond me.....Why even call if they cant get it right....Very sad communication and a waste of phone time for me...

Well I caught it each time and called....Said it would not be a problem and it was.....So after 5 boxes sent...they got it right on the 6th.....How they ever even thought I had a 211 box is beyond me.....Why even call if they cant get it right....Very sad communication and a waste of phone time for me...

hope they get it right for us. got 3 automated emails saying "You have cancelled your DISH service. Per our conversation, a return fee has been added to your DISH account for each each box required to return your equipment."

we own all our equipment. really hope this does not become a soap opera.

I cancelled my Dish service in December and still haven't received the return box for my Leased Equipment. I've called about 3 times, did a Live Chat at the dish webiste, and have told Chris (here at satellite guys ) who is part of the Dirt Team.
I check my door every day. I know Dish has my right address because i've received promotional mailings from them.
I just wrote Chris again. Maybe i'll write Jason (Dish Dirt CSR ) too right now.

I got Dishnetwork in 2006 because of the German Language Channel - ProSiebenSat.1 Welt. I loved it for many, many years. Then they added the channel to the German Language Package, and other fees, and i think it was almost $50/mo, at the cheapest, if i wanted just this 1 Int'l Channel.
I now watch TV Total ( with Stephan Raab ) on youtube.com
Big Savings.
When i cancelled my service the original CSR (customer service representative ) said i had 70 day to return the leased equipment. So i thought maybe it was Dish's tactic to wait until about the end of the 70 days ( to see if i'd miss my tv and call them to re-initiate service ). Well i think it has been 70 days now.
So now i'm starting to get worried, and pissed.

So first step here today was to write Chris again, and then do a search of the Forums to see if anyone else has this same problem. Sure enough........

I cancelled my Dish service in December and still haven't received the return box for my Leased Equipment. I've called about 3 times, did a Live Chat at the dish webiste, and have told Chris (here at satellite guys ) who is part of the Dirt Team.
I check my door every day. I know Dish has my right address because i've received promotional mailings from them.
I just wrote Chris again. Maybe i'll write Jason (Dish Dirt CSR ) too right now.

I got Dishnetwork in 2006 because of the German Language Channel - ProSiebenSat.1 Welt. I loved it for many, many years. Then they added the channel to the German Language Package, and other fees, and i think it was almost $50/mo, at the cheapest, if i wanted just this 1 Int'l Channel.
I now watch TV Total ( with Stephan Raab ) on youtube.com
Big Savings.
When i cancelled my service the original CSR (customer service representative ) said i had 70 day to return the leased equipment. So i thought maybe it was Dish's tactic to wait until about the end of the 70 days ( to see if i'd miss my tv and call them to re-initiate service ). Well i think it has been 70 days now.
So now i'm starting to get worried, and pissed.

So first step here today was to write Chris again, and then do a search of the Forums to see if anyone else has this same problem. Sure enough........
Are your service and billing addresses the same? Boxes are always sent to service address, if not same as billing.

Do you have a separate mailing address and service address with Dish? Dish will always send boxes and equipment to the service address, even if instructed otherwise, since the sending of these items appears to be automated. Promotional mailings will go to the mailing address.

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)