can't access SiriusXM channels online

goresnet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 22, 2008
They show up fine on my Hopper, but as of this morning I can no longer see them on Dish Anywhere website, or on the android app. Anyone have any input on this? Thanks

Hello. Effective Wednesday, 09/17/14, customers with a Hopper or Hopper w/ Sling are no longer able to access Sirius XM channels via the DISH Anywhere app or website. We are disabling this functionality to fulfill a contractual requirement with Sirius. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Well, thanks for the answer, as disappointing as it is. My wife and I used it pretty regularly.

Just my 2 cents I don't understand why Sirius would have a problem with dish customers playing Sirius music on their dishanywhere app. Over 60% of Sirius subscribers listen to howard stern which wasn't available with dish to begin with but they could do some good cross advertising on their music channels. "hey dishanywhere customers thanks for enjoying Sirius xm. Subscribe to Sirius xm service for even more channels including sports and howard stern" am I missing something

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Doesn't this have more to do with them now having DRM added? I am not complaining, if Scott does not want to add info like DRM that is his decision. This is a case the uplink report would have shown DRM was added.

Just my 2 cents I don't understand why Sirius would have a problem with dish customers playing Sirius music on their dishanywhere app. Over 60% of Sirius subscribers listen to howard stern which wasn't available with dish to begin with but they could do some good cross advertising on their music channels. "hey dishanywhere customers thanks for enjoying Sirius xm. Subscribe to Sirius xm service for even more channels including sports and howard stern" am I missing something

Yes you are missing everything! SiriusXM is in business, foreign though it is to some they need money from subscribers to do that. They charge to listen online, why would you get it free on top of getting it from DISH? Why not just pay their online fee and listen?

Scott according to the other site, DRM was just added with the last update.

That's not totally accurate. If DRM was on it would be the same way on the regular Hopper, the 622, and 722...

Unless the other receivers don't have the software to look for or honor that flag which may be possible.

It was strange this morning I opened up my Dish Anywhere and all the SXM were there, I was about to take a screenshot and the channels disappeared.

Yes you are missing everything! SiriusXM is in business, foreign though it is to some they need money from subscribers to do that. They charge to listen online, why would you get it free on top of getting it from DISH? Why not just pay their online fee and listen?
Cept slacker and Pandora do it better for free with limited commercials

If you want what you're already paying for, you have to pay for it again.

Where did you pay to listen to SiriusXM online? I'm not sure we are really paying for, or at least not much for SiriusXM from DISH let alone to listen online. Another I want it for free....

Cept slacker and Pandora do it better for free with limited commercials

Those are alternatives, I don't happen to agree I like them as well as SirisuXM for the channels I listen to most. (Decades, Baseball, Talk)

Those are alternatives, I don't happen to agree I like them as well as SirisuXM for the channels I listen to most. (Decades, Baseball, Talk)
I thought dish only did music. I stream slacker from my phone to my car radio via Bluetooth..slacker wins hands down..they do 128k streaming..blows Sirius/xm away

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts