Can't connect to 119, wrong Satellite

tastysatellite

Original poster
Nov 6, 2010
tn
Photo Nov 06, 5 11 12 PM.jpgPhoto Nov 06, 5 24 11 PM.jpgPhoto Nov 06, 5 14 39 PM.jpg

I need some expert advice. Cannot connect to 119.

I have a vip211k, Dish 1000 dish, and a Dish Pro Plus Twin LNBF. I'm not using a switch, just one cable from the lnb, to the vip211k. I do not select SuperDish or Alternate when running switch test.

From what i've read here on the forum, I need to adjust the dish, question: When i'm on the signal meter, selecting 119 11, and it says wrong sat, moving the dish slightly east or west doesn't change the error. Do I need to check switch every time I adjust the dish?

you are 9 degrees too far to the east, turn dish a little at a time until you get the 119 signal. Are you using a sat meter or the meter on the TV? If using TV meter put the meter on the 119 sat and transponder 21 slowly turn the dish west until you see a signal. It maybe red in color but get a signal then run switch test.

drop elevation 4 degrees swing to the west a bit and yes run a check switch again

Thank you I will try this in the morning.

you are 9 degrees too far to the east, turn dish a little at a time until you get the 119 signal. Are you using a sat meter or the meter on the TV? If using TV meter put the meter on the 119 sat and transponder 21 slowly turn the dish west until you see a signal. It maybe red in color but get a signal then run switch test.

To clarify, i'm using the tv meter. You say put the meter on 119 trans 21 and turn west until signal. I'm already getting a signal, just that its saying wrong satellite. Are you saying the 'wrong satellite' message will change immediatly by moving the dish, without running the switch test? I'm not understanding at what point it is required to run the test to correct the error.

You are picking up 110 only. The receiver is measuring 110's signal strength when you select sat 119. On the "Installation Summary" screen 119 should be on port 1, not 110. This can mean one of two things. You either have the dish pointed too far to the east, or your 119 LNB is bad.

You could put foil on the 110 LNB, which looking at the dish with the arm facing toward you, is the LNB on the left. Then Try to get a signal from the sat, by moving the dish west. Use the elevation and skew as indicated by the receiver. Then, after you get a signal, hopefully it's 119, take off the aluminum foil, and run a check switch.

Since you are using a dish pro plus twin and a 211/211k use 119 but use transponder 16 to peak it out you should get around 90 or so. It may be obvious but make sure the mast is plumb. After the check switch make sure it reads 110 and 119 satellites reading both odd and even transponders then if you have the time just check transponder 21 on each and 110 should but just a few points lower then 119 and use the skew and elevations settings that are on the screen for your zip code.

I appreciate everyones help. So far, same problem. Do I need to have it in port 1 or 2, and for which steps?

Since you are using a dish pro plus twin and a 211/211k use 119 but use transponder 16 to peak it out you should get around 90 or so. It may be obvious but make sure the mast is plumb. After the check switch make sure it reads 110 and 119 satellites reading both odd and even transponders then if you have the time just check transponder 21 on each and 110 should but just a few points lower then 119 and use the skew and elevations settings that are on the screen for your zip code.

If you're using the DPP Twin then it doesn't matter which "port" you use as long as it's not the LNB In. That being said, again, as I previously stated, if using a DPP Twin, if you are only seeing 110 on port 1, there is a problem with either a.) The dish is pointed too far East or b.) The 119 LNB is bad. c.) Possibly 119 has no LOS. or even d.) (least likely) Bent dish.

All this applies only if you have less than 2 receivers.

119 should show as "port" 1 and 110 should be "port" 2 if the dish is aligned correctly and the LNB's are working properly. The switch in the DPP Twin automatically assigns the "ports."

We replaced the LNB and getting the same result. All I know to do is try a different dish. I've got a 500 I can use.

Could it be something wrong with the vip211k? It doesn't have a card in it which I thought was strange. It was used off of one of our DVRs. Should I try a reset?

That is strange... There shouldn't be a problem with your receiver's internal smart card... All of the newer receivers have the newest smart card... As long as your Smart Card ID in the System Info screen starts with S19 you're good.

I guess it's possible that there's a problem with the receiver, although unlikely... Maybe a reset will help, dunno.

So you're absolutely sure you've gotten the skew, azimuth, elevation correct? Any obstacles in the LOS? Mast is plum?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts