Can't get remote 2 to function for dish network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hello all,
I am new to this forum.
Just reading about the problems with the remotes. I also have a problem. I have 3 #2 remotes for different tvs in my house. Yesterday they all functioned correctly. Today none of them will control the satellite receiver. Anybody have an idea as to what happened?
Thanks
kc classic

Just tried that. Will not reprogram. All remotes worked yesterday. Today only the primary remote(#1) works. Cannot change the channels or anything. The remote works to turn the tv on and off. Will control the tv but not the receiver.

Sounds like you developed an interference on the radio frequency of the remote. Are you using any new wireless gear in your home?

Probably going to ask the obvious, but are you pressing the Sat button on the remote? I know If I press TV or Aux, I can't control receiver until after pressing it again.

works fine with the buttons on the receiver. I have 5 different remotes for this system. Don't tell me that the batteries are weak. Everything worked fine when I shut it off last night. Now I have no way of changing channels on tv #2.

Called my local dish rep. He had me unplug the receiver for 5 minutes. After I turned it back on I was able to reprogram the remote. Now everything is working fine.

Is the remote address for the secondary remote on the receiver the same as what the remotes are? Maybe the address got changed on the receiver somehow? For example: When you go into the system setup menu the secondary remote address is listed as 5 but all of your remotes are set for 3. Just a thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)