CES Video - DTS Play-FI Whole Home Music

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
so is the app coming next week right according to the press release by febuary thats what is says

i thought someone said it would be before the super bowl i know there was suppose to be a update tommorow to the EHD.

Nope I said there would be another Hopper software update before the SuperBowl. And there was one last week.

I didn't say anything about Whole Home Music.

according to the press release "DISH Music is currently rolling out to customers, and the app will be available on all Hopper 2 and Hopper 3 DVRs by February 2017"

Hi,

DTS Play-FI Whole Home Music it's working now. I am linking all of my boxes to my Play-Fi on my Android Phone (Galaxy S7 Edge). Just download the DTS Play-Fi app from the play store and open it and it will discover all the Dish Hopper/Joeys on your network. The only thing is that not all the services are currently certified to work with Dish Hopper/Joey boxes. So some of them do not work. The one that I tested and confirm working is Amazon Music. Pandora and Spotify show that the Dish boxes are not certified. Please test and confirm.

Thanks
Rdavidowski

Yes once the Official DISH App comes out I am told that the Play-Fi one will stop working.

I am shocked no one tried the Play-Fi app until now. :D

Scott do you know why Pandora or Spotify are not certified? The only thing working is Amazon Prime or something from your local music media, form Android or IPhone apps. I did try the Play-Fi App from Windows 10 and it does play any sound that comes from the PC. Even Pandora and Spotify, but that's only because Windows is redirecting all of the audio to Play-Fi. If in the end Pandora nor Spotify work is then worthless.

Most of the services are not certified using the Play-FI app. I am told many of the services that are not working in the Play-FI app will be working in the official DISH app.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts