Charlie Ergen a Cannibal?

I don't think that the main people that take DISH will also take Sling tv or even leave completely for Sling tv. The age group that will most likely take Sling will be the younger crowd or those who have never had pay tv in the first place. So in that respect I don't necessarily agree with Zombie Charlie on this one.

Reactions: fhsucade07
I don't think that the main people that take DISH will also take Sling tv or even leave completely for Sling tv. The age group that will most likely take Sling will be the younger crowd or those who have never had pay tv in the first place. So in that respect I don't necessarily agree with Zombie Charlie on this one.
In the interview, which I saw, he said a SMALL number might leave Dish for Sling. And that was all he really said. He did not infer it would be anything significant.

Young crowd and cord cutters. There are some who may leave Dish for Sling because they just want a few channels and ESPN that SlingTV offers, but the vast majority want traditional MVPD services like PHYSICAL (not virtual) DVR's and many niche channels. However, Ergen is not in the position of getting business from EITHER of these groups. I'd say Charlie did another "first" (that feisty, wily Charlie has the best crystal ball and acts on the tea leaves and has been correct every time so far) and outsmarted the competition, at least for now, and I don't see the SonyTV nor AppleTV going anywhere far because the price for either service is too high (Sony $50 and Apple near that per month; aint that way too close to the cable and sat bill cord cutters and young-lings find too expensive now?). $20 per month seems the sweet spot for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts