Check your HD DVR's ToDo list--Forced Software Upgrade to 02CB & 02B0

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i was having glitches earlier, several current timeslots were blank. hopefully this will fix it.

hey its done! no new HD or channel logos :(

so why was this so urgent that it couldnt wait til 3 am?

i guess they don't want any issues during prime time. i have yet to receive this update.

hmmm, mine screen was grey when I got home, so I RBR without thinking on both of mine. I assume it was in the middle of updating the software....However it came back up with no problems. All channels seem fine. What is the process of forcing the download? I forget

Side note, all of my to do lists were fine on both HR-20s

Edit: never mind on the force request.

hmmm, mine screen was grey when I got home, so I RBR without thinking on both of mine. I assume it was in the middle of updating the software....However it came back up with no problems. All channels seem fine. What is the process of forcing the download? I forget

Side note, all of my to do lists were fine on both HR-20s

reset and when the 1st screen pops up press 0,2,4,6,8

Mine just finished downloading and there was a message saying the top movies has movies on demand in the todo list, I checked and there are movies to buy in the todo list on the top movies side.

After rebooting you can now DL pay movies from your List. Under tab, "Top Movies."

Those movies are already downloaded to your harddrive and ready to view as soon as you start them and it's been there for awhile now.

My To-do list is intact however the EPG is good only until 2-23 at 7:00 at which point it switches to all TBA. Pretty close to two weeks I guess ....

There is no new notes / information for the updated software that is rolling out. It is a minor change that is targeting fixing the problems experienced overnight with receivers losing their ToDo list.

02CA was a recent release that is not out to all receivers yet. These receivers are being updated to 02CB.
The original notes are here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...r2x-r22-software-release-0x02ca-2-5-09-a.html

02AF was a release back in December that is on receivers that haven't been authorized for the new 02CA/B yet, and is being replaced with 02B0 immediately.
This release notes are here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...-hr2x-r22-software-release-0x02af-0x02b0.html

Nothing was changed except for trying to fix the issue from last night.

Things some may see like the new Top Movies feature are simply verbage changes and a notification screen that were part of the 02CA / 02CB release previously.

One thing I've noticed is that all the movies in my Movies Now folder are gone. Probably because the all had an experation date and when D* screwed up the date last night the box did was it was supposed to and deleted them.

Both my hr22s rebooted and downloaded new software by themselves 30 minutes ago. The todo list seems to be repopulating starting with today's shows.

One thing I've noticed is that all the movies in my Movies Now folder are gone. Probably because the all had an experation date and when D* screwed up the date last night the box did was it was supposed to and deleted them.

If you want PPV that bad, there are tons of channels in the 100's ;)

No idea on specifically when you'll get the update. When things like this have happened in the past they worked from west coast to east coast, but also tried to avoid making receivers do downloads during primetime. It is possible some may not get it until overnight, we don't have too many details at this point.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)