Check your HD DVR's ToDo list--Forced Software Upgrade to 02CB & 02B0

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Those movies are already downloaded to your harddrive and ready to view as soon as you start them and it's been there for awhile now.

That's interesting because the message I got on my screen after the update mentioned that specifically. I'm not surprised I didn't notice that before but why did I get that message? :confused: Perhaps it was a reminder it was there.

Jason , thanks for the great job your doing. I have the 2b0 update and all is fine. I thought a release would fix the Tuner 2 low signal issue.

Should I just ignore that since I have no viewing problems? I'm a bit neurotic.lol

Looks like the "under the hood" changes have helped in regard to channel changing, when changing channels you can move at a quick pace and not seemed locked on a channel and have a to wait a second or so untill you can turn the channel again when channel surfing

Just got ready to watch Lost and discovered that my bedroom hr20-700 did not record and lost the entire to-do list. Rebooted and it seems to be repopulating my to-do list. We'll see if it all comes back... Haven't checked my other dvrs yet. I'll check tomorrow or perhaps later if I can't sleep...

Not good. My wife is never happy when the dvr screws up... especially with the shows she really like (like Lost).

My Software currently shows as 0x2ca updated yesterday at 3:53am... Too bad. The CE version I had was working just fine.

Looking again, it's only scheduled 3 new recordings of 2 different shows... One for tonight's news (repeating) and two for Good Eats tomorrow. Grrr.

edit: Hold the phone. Now there's 9 scheduled over many different programs. Maybe there's hope after all.

Soooo .... this morning my EPG is good until 2/24 at 7:00 pm .... exactly one day beyond where it was yesterday. Of course this makes sense however I thought the EPG duration was 14 days, not 12. :confused:

Am I just missing something ?

UB. :)

If you rebooted and still don't have your to do list intact at this point, I hate to say it, but it is probably time to rebuild it manually.

In my case all prioritizer series links worked again after a reboot, but any single timers I had setup (like a sport event or movie) were gone, and as of this morning are still not back.

I would say at this point they are gone and I'll (along with many of you) will need to redo my scheduled recordings.

Seems the only scheduled recording I lost was for Lost. Didn't even notice it was missing until I went to Playlist to watch it. An hour later, Damages was recorded on schedule.

Seems the only scheduled recording I lost was for Lost. Didn't even notice it was missing until I went to Playlist to watch it. An hour later, Damages was recorded on schedule.
Lost was lost... :D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

If you rebooted and still don't have your to do list intact at this point, I hate to say it, but it is probably time to rebuild it manually.

In my case all prioritizer series links worked again after a reboot, but any single timers I had setup (like a sport event or movie) were gone, and as of this morning are still not back.

I would say at this point they are gone and I'll (along with many of you) will need to redo my scheduled recordings.

I have 5 units and all of the one time recording items are gone from the to do list, series links all came back. I have a lot of movies to add back in.

Both my HR20 and HR22 came through without problems. No missing ToDos or otherwise. Both downloaded new software early this morning.

So I feel lucky I had no issues from this latest screw up. However, D* needs to get their act together on these kinds of things. This is the 3rd time in recent months that D* has had some random data hit people's boxes which has impacted the majority of their high end customers. I don't know if people's heads need to roll but this is inexcusable for this kind of thing to keep happening.

Lost To-Do

I noticed that when I set a show that was wiped out, to record it give the series record icon with just one press of record. As such, the system must have kept the info somewhere to know that it is a series recording.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)