CNN and HLN gone/ Dish-Turner Dispute - Now Back 11/21

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
This just happened to me watching Adult Swim. They posted a website (dishstandsforyou.com) with the following info:

Our contract with Turner Networks (Turner) has expired and they have removed CNN, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, CNN en Español, Headline News, truTV, and Turner Classic Movies from DISH’s channel lineup

what the heck?

looks like the Turner Networks contract expired at Midnight Central time for carriage and we now have a nasty dispute. i bet the carriage ended Oct 1, but got extended to keep the channels on until the ALCS was over.

plus Dish has launched the "Dispute info" site:
dishstandsforyou.com

I'm out of contract so I think i'm just going to cancel and focus on gaming and building a new PC. Suddenlink cable doesn't have VIACOM in my area and now DISH is losing the Turnet networks. Sure they'll be back in a couple months but I'm sick of this game.

Only one I watch is TCM. Luckily I was able to record what I wanted to watch tonight. I hope they resolve within the next week because I have a lot of movies that I am wanting to record. And I can't record them on other channels DISH.

looks like the Turner Networks contract expired at Midnight Central time for carriage and we now have a nasty dispute. i bet the carriage ended Oct 1, but got extended to keep the channels on until the ALCS was over.

plus Dish has launched the "Dispute info" site:
dishstandsforyou.com

TBS is still on, so ALCS had nothing to do with it.

Reactions: yomama
In case you're wondering what got cut off and what's running in their place, here's the census:

Turner Classic Movies (132): FXM
Boomerang (175) and Cartoon Network (176/177): Barker Channel
CNN (200) and Headline News (202): MSNBC
TruTV (242): Esquire Network

BTW: Being as dish is in Mountain Time Zone territory, and most of their changes happen on that clock, didn't these channels disappear at Midnight MT (2 AM ET)? I'm certain I saw the CNNI simulcast at a little after 10 PM PT/11 PM MT.

I'm out of contract so I think i'm just going to cancel and focus on gaming and building a new PC. Suddenlink cable doesn't have VIACOM in my area and now DISH is losing the Turnet networks. Sure they'll be back in a couple months but I'm sick of this game.

you might want to consider dumping Dish and getting TV thought other means I.E Netflix, Hulu, networks websites, illegal streams, etc.

In case you're wondering what got cut off and what's running in their place, here's the census:

Turner Classic Movies (132): FXM
Boomerang (175) and Cartoon Network (176/177): Barker Channel
CNN (200) and Headline News (202): MSNBC
TruTV (242): Esquire Network

BTW: Being as dish is in Mountain Time Zone territory, and most of their changes happen on that clock, didn't these channels disappear at Midnight MT (2 AM ET)? I'm certain I saw the CNNI simulcast at a little after 10 PM PT/11 PM MT.

i guess they had the contract expire at Midnight Central time.

Reactions: reddice
I love how Dish states on the dishstandsforyou website that "Switching providers is not the answer." LOL! Well, Dish thought switching providers WAS the answer when its competitors suffered carriage disputes. LOL! I just about laughed my teeth off when I read that. I'm still laughing that Dish can actually talk out of two different orifices at the same time. Sorry, but I am still LOL!

I was surprised at this one - this came out of the blue it seemed. I am surprised that nothing was leaked that they were in contract negotiations or nothing was put online ahead of time saying that "x is threatening to pull channels at midnight if a new contact is not in place" as we have seen in other disputes.

The other thing I found interesting on the dishstandsforyou.com website was this: "We’ve reached agreements with many highly rated channel owners in the last year including with The Walt Disney Company and NBCU." When did Dish reach a deal with NBCU on anything? Was that when they dropped NBCSN to Top 200? I don't ever recall seeing any press release about NBCU.

Well the only channels out of that mix that I watch is CNN sometimes for breaking news and Turner Classic Movies occasionally. The question isn't if they return ,but when and how much more we will pay for them in the near future: Feb. or March. Anyone want to speculate how much more we will have to pay for our next annual price hike? Will it be $5.00- $ 8.00, or will we see another equipment or other DISH, made up , we can charge it because we can , FEE price hike? Oh the suspense!:rollingeyes

I don't really care so much for losing CNN and HLN since they don't tell any news just focus on one topic. Now if we could just get Dish and Fox news to get into a dispute and never resolve it would be fine with me.

I resolved this problem last year. I don't watch any news channels. All my news is obtained online from all over the world from many sources. Its surprising to read US news from a foreign source. For the most part they have no dog in the fight so you get more details the US networks seem to omit in their reporting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts