Concerned about dish support under eave

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had mine installed on my garage. Mainly so that I could just reach up with the broom to dust the snow off. The other was because that was best line of sight.

What, you live in a NASCAR wind tunnel ?

You ever try putting up a ladder safely in that kind of wind ?
Just about, Columbia River Gorge. 40 MPH is pretty average, gusts to 70 are not unheard of.

Heck no. Any chance of wind above 20 MPH forecast for the day ladders don't come off the truck.

Just about, Columbia River Gorge. 40 MPH is pretty average, gusts to 70 are not unheard of.

Heck no. Any chance of wind above 20 MPH forecast for the day ladders don't come off the truck.
Must be nice, I have to work with ladders every day, tomorrow 20 mph avg winds, granted it's not the winds you mentioned, but still.
Southern Texas, 40 mph is common, fortunately when I'm down there I'm not working, so no ladders

I am new to the forum. Thanks for the help..
I am considering going to Direct TV but have some questions regarding the Dish mount.
I don't want the dish mounted on the roof or on a pole.
I have a brick home, 4/12 pitch (33 degrees) hip roof all around with 24 inch soffits and 5 inch gutters.
The only dish mount that I think will work for me are the under eave mounts from Solid Signal such as the
Slimline SLMTUE or Under Eave Mount DTVUEM. The mount would be bolted into the brick with
additional supports bolted into the brick and soffit.
The mount would be mounted on the east side of the house and the dish would need to point back across the roof to the south west. I am located in Jacksonville Florida.
What are your thoughts on this bracket and is it something Direct would supply or even use for that matter.

Just to report back on install. Directv came out and used the mount I wanted as referenced above. It is mounted into brick with two mono poles for stability. All 4 TV's work great and no problems. They were here only about 3 hours. Thanks again for all the comments.

Reactions: Jimbo and raoul5788
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)