Please reply by conversation.

ZandarKoad

Amish Satellite Technician
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 13, 2005
Nashville, TN
I'm in Nashville, TN. What size dish do I need to bring in 99W reliably? Also, where does one go to get these C-band LNBs? And are the receivers the same for C-band as they are for Ku?

best option? 10 foot or larger
reliably? 6 foot minimum

can you get by on a 4 foot? sure but if it rains or dark clouds you'll lose it right away as you are on the threshold by using a small dish

Since most everything is digital now the same receiver can be used for C-Band or KU. Its all in the menu settings.
As for the C-Band LNB it all depends on $$. I know Brian (Titanium) probably has the LNB you need.

If you want about the same dependability as cable or dbs on 99W you need a 6ft or larger.

OKAY, I see that Titanium's LNB is the way to go. Can you feed multiple receivers off a single LNB? I know with Ku, you need an LNB with two outputs, then you can feed those into two 4-way power passing splitters that then feed four 6x8 switches to get 32 IRDs of one dish. How would something like that work with C-band (assuming a stationary C-band dish obviously)?

On 99w only If you can live without having livewell network in hd (you will still have it in sd), dodnews and the 2 gdmx syndicated muxes, you can do like I did at my moms. I use a single lnbf with the receiver up front powering the lnbf using a splitter that only passes power on the 1st port. Since everything on 99W other than what I mentioned above is all horizontal any receiver can watch anything that is on.

After scanning in all the channels on the receiver in the front room, I deleted all the vertical channels (those mentioned above) so they could not be selected. Then I told everyone that it had to stay on all the time for anyone to watch tv.

You can get a dual output Titanium C-Band LNB, that will let you feed two receivers, that might help cut down on the complexity of splitters and the such. I am a huge fan of Titanium LNB's, definitely the way to go.

Reactions: Titanium
You can get a dual output Titanium C-Band LNB, that will let you feed two receivers, that might help cut down on the complexity of splitters and the such. I am a huge fan of Titanium LNB's, definitely the way to go.
So Titanium does have a dual output LNB? Then couldn't I hook up a switch with the two lines feeding the 13 and 18 volt ports? Or is the polarity not switched that way with C-band?

Sadoun has a 6' brand new Prime Focus for $235 shipped. Not bad at all... I don't think that includes any mounting hardware.

Titanium does sell a dual output C-Band LNB on his website. The polarity is switched automatically for me through the Manhattan receiver I use, with a 4 port switch. You could find the same sized dish for about the same price over at the Skyvision site. I wanted to pick up one myself, but my wife said no on that, so I made do with a 1.2M dish instead for my C-Band. Works good for me. :)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Titanium does sell a dual output C-Band LNB on his website.

Listed but not for sale. "Out of stock" waiting on boat :)

Last edited:
By the way, my 1.2M dish with Titanium C-Band LNB is parked at the 99W satellite. I'm still experimenting with getting 2 C-Band satellites with one dish, I hope to get it figured out as soon as the weather improves.

Sadoun has a 6' brand new Prime Focus for $235 shipped. Not bad at all... I don't think that includes any mounting hardware.

I got one of those a few years ago. It's broke now but was ok for a few years. Hail storms and wind storms killed it. Not sure what model your looking at but I got everything I needed to use it. I got the fixed not the polar mount one.

So Titanium does have a dual output LNB? Then couldn't I hook up a switch with the two lines feeding the 13 and 18 volt ports? Or is the polarity not switched that way with C-band?

Yes, polarity switches that way on c band just like ku, so it should work.

I have a Sadoun I’ve used for about a year and a half and love it. Unfortunately I don’t think they have any in stock now, but you may want to call and confirm. It works great on 99W.

@wallyhts, oh. :-( Well hopefully ZanderKoad will locate his website and check out all of Titanium's wares, and watch for when the dual output LNB'S are in stock again soon. :)

Not really sure all the details but the slow boat shipment is taking a while.

Last edited:
My experience tells me not to bother with anything smaller than 8' for C-band, but I am suprised what people are doing with small 48" and 6' dishes these days... The 48" does real well on Ku though for the weak TPs.

Ti, still waiting for that ship too! :)

On 99w only If you can live without having livewell network in hd (you will still have it in sd), dodnews and the 2 gdmx syndicated muxes, you can do like I did at my moms. I use a single lnbf with the receiver up front powering the lnbf using a splitter that only passes power on the 1st port. Since everything on 99W other than what I mentioned above is all horizontal any receiver can watch anything that is on.

After scanning in all the channels on the receiver in the front room, I deleted all the vertical channels (those mentioned above) so they could not be selected. Then I told everyone that it had to stay on all the time for anyone to watch tv.

I was able to get the gdmx muxes with a 1.1 meter dish, and that was with the lnb ducttaped and not even properly lined up, so You should be able to get those.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)