Corotor ID and thoughts please.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AceB

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 1, 2011
Sussex, UK
At the moment I'm using a LNBf on my C band dish, currently an ESX241 although I also have a C1PLLw when it's not being used on a 1.5m offset. I have in my box of bits a dual band corotor that I'm curious to try. It's a bit weathered but the all important throat and feed seem not so bad. It was shipped originally with a UK made Precision brand spun aluminium dish so I'm guessing it will be wideband and suitable to use in Europe.

There's no obvious manufacturer badge on it although ADL is formed into the casing and the labels on it say made in the USA so maybe someone here recognises it? I love the idea being able to use both C and Ku on my 1.8 without having to faff about changing feeds and support arms but how does a corotor setup compare to individual C and Ku LNBfs for performance, the 1.8m does well but needs every last uV it can get so I don't wont lose too much by compromising on the feed.

I'm sure both the C and Ku LNBs are vintage so it would benefit from modern replacements but what to get? On C band the obvious choice would appear to be a Norsat 8115 but I've seen a few people using a Panorama ER-863 which is a fraction of the price of the Norsat. Has anyone compared these LNBs for performance, as much as I'd like to jump straight in with a Norsat I can't justify the outlay of getting one to the UK for what might be a five minute wonder with the Corotor especially as I still need to find a way of controlling skew to see if the investment is worthwhile.

Ku, I have no idea about WR75 LNBs although adaptors are available to C120 and I could then use an Inverto Black Pro.

Attachments

• lnbs.jpg
    lnbs.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 256
  • feed1.jpg
    feed1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 206
  • feed2.jpg
    feed2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 256
  • feed3.jpg
    feed3.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 230
  • feed4.jpg
    feed4.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 231
Thanks, I'd not have found that on a search. Looking at the specification it won't be wide band enough for use over here which is a shame but once the weather warms up I'll spend a day experimenting with it to compare performance.

Try it with a WideBand LNB and see how it works, it should work ok with a proper wide band LNB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)