COZI- TV Availabilty

Discussion in 'Other Broadcast Networks' started by gatekeeper, Jan 1, 2013.

1. gatekeeper

gatekeeper Thread Starter Active SatelliteGuys Member

Hey,
    I was wondering who is getting the new channel COZI-TV? I live in Alabama but cant seem to find it.I dont know if it is accessible in my area.I do get ME-TV. I wanted to get it because THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN will be coming on there starting tomorrow Wed the 2nd.:D
    :D

Advertisements Register Today!

Reigster at SatelliteGuys
  2. teachsac

teachsac SatelliteGuys Guru Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU!

Mostly only on O&O NBC stations. A few affiliates picked it up starting today. Nothing in Alabama.

S~
  3. PrinceLH

PrinceLH Member

If you have access to free to air satellite, it's on AMC1 ku band, 103w. It's on the OTS channel, in the clear.
  4. Iceberg

Iceberg We're here....RUN!!!! Supporting Founder

5. pro96

pro96 SoCal Satelital Loco! Supporting Founder

Local OTA has it at 4.2 ... no biggie
    Horrible pq and not one show to rave about.. at least not for my taste

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
  6. PrinceLH

PrinceLH Member

It's in HD on AMC1 Ku band.
  7. retrotv

retrotv Member

RTV in the Nashville area is getting ready to add it to their lineup. They started running promos a couple of days ago.
  8. retrotv

retrotv Member

WRTN 6.3 has been showing a setup screen all day. Hopefully, they are making some progress in adding Cozi. They started running a promo for the new channel lineup about three weeks ago.
  9. Dee_Ann

Dee_Ann SatelliteGuys Family Pub Member / Supporter

KBMT in Beaumont, Texas just added it to their line up, it's now on 12.3 there.

:D
  10. KAB

KAB SatelliteGuys Guru Pub Member / Supporter

We got it a couple of weeks ago. Agreed. There are two or three I've recorded just for nostalgia sake, but won't watch much if any more. MeTv is far superior.
  11. Dee_Ann

Well, the PQ on KBMT-DT3 is not all that great but it lends to the nostalgic look and feel..

There's plenty of good shows though, more than enough that I'll be watching it. And it's free so that's cool with me.

:)
  12. MikeD-C05

MikeD-C05 Pub Member / Supporter Pub Member / Supporter

Yes it is , but the guide information is from MYTX. We finally get DISH to add guide information for the two sub channels ,after waiting for two years, and then London Broadcasting decides to add Cozi tv and move Mytx to 12.5. I did send an email to the dishquality department to tell them of this new channel and the wrong guide information ,but haven't received any response yet.
  13. Dee_Ann

I tried to contact them a few times over the past year and I received ZERO response. I tried to contact them through Facebook. Same thing, nada.. If you try to sneak something in through the facebook comments they just delete them.

They must have a company policy of "Ignore and do not reply"...

TitanTV is showing the right guide info. I'll go with that until they fix this. I'm just happy that they've done what they've done! This is progress. It still needs tweaking but I'll take it! :D
  14. MikeD-C05

Well It took over 2 years of begging DISH & Echostar to add guide data for METv. I guess I'll be emailing them for another two , to get them to move the Mytx guide data to it's new channel designation and add Cozi tv guide data.
  15. Dee_Ann

If you can help make that happen, that would be awesome! Good luck! :)
  16. MikeD-C05

Well, I figured out that my emails to dishquality and Kip Wilcoxson did get guide data added to the satellite over a year ago, but because it was on low powered towers and was broadcast to both 36 and 43 digital channels, that caused the guide data never to load. Once they moved the two sub channels to Rf 12 like Abc & Nbc , the guide finally loaded where we could see it. Now if we can get Cozi tv guide data in place of Mytx on 12.3 , I would be happy. I doubt we will ever get Mytx and Mundo fox to get guide data on the satellite,due to the same situation of low powered stations broadcast on two digital stations ( 36/43) at the same time.
  17. retrotv

retrotv Member

Still waiting on Cozi in Nashville. The station owner said Cozi uses a special encode format, & they are waiting for a receiver to arrive. Maybe we will have Cozi before Christmas.
  18. MikeD-C05

Hopefully you will have a "COZI Christmas".
  19. Geronimo

Geronimo Supporting Founder Supporting Founder

I think it comes down to whether a network like this is carrying anything you are fond of. The OP mentioned a specific show and Cozi seems to be the only one carrying it right now. But quite a few shows seem to make the rounds of these channels.