COZI TV now on 12.3 Beaumont, Texas

I'm also getting TWO channels for 12.5 and 12.6, I assume they are the old 36 & 43 channels from the old low power towers. Not a big deal though because they apparently cranked up the power on those, I see a 20 point increase in signal strength on them.
36 they can't. They're already at the legal maximum for low powered stations (15,000 watts). 43 is at 8300 watts
tower height increase perhaps? Possibly moved it to the same tower as 12?

edit: an addition....full powered UHF stations can go up to 1 million watts. As example Fox 4 (transmits on RF40) transmits at 1 million watts

Last edited:
Well my contact at Echostar sent my an email today informing me that the Cozi tv guide would be correct by tomorrow at the latest. I already have the correct guide data on my receivers now. As for the guide data for Mytx and Mundo fox , I don't see it happening due to the dual broadcast on both digital 36 and 43 channels at the same time. My contact did say that they would look into it. But I wouldn't hold my breath. This was the reason we couldn't get guide data for Metv and Mytx for the last two years ,till they moved the two channels to the same digital channel as KBMT and KJAC. But at least my emails worked to get them to change Cozi tv to the correct guide data and we do have Metv guide data now. This is a good day.:D

As for OTA, I noticed that even on my Vizio TV using an OTA outdoor antenna, the guide data for 12.5 is wrong.

12.1 through 12.4 are all correct, OTA. 12.6 I don't know, my Spanish is really bad except for menu reading.. :eek:

but 12.5 is showing the guide data for 12.3 and that's KBMT doing that!

I'm also getting TWO channels for 12.5 and 12.6, I assume they are the old 36 & 43 channels from the old low power towers. Not a big deal though because they apparently cranked up the power on those, I see a 20 point increase in signal strength on them.

Now, on my VIP211k tuner and using a splitter to feed the tuner and the Vizio via the same outdoor antenna, I am getting all the same channels via the same wire.
12.1, 12.2 and 12.4 all have correct guide data and this thrills me to no end! :happyd2:

12.3 (COZI) is showing guide data that SHOULD BE on 12.5 MYTX

12.5 is showing the infamous "Digital Service" for MYTX

Looks to me that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, at the cluster foxtrot dance.. If you know what I mean... :eek:neinacrowd:

De Anne You should have the correct guide data for Cozi tv now. Check my previous post about the details. Looks like my email did some good.

De Anne You should have the correct guide data for Cozi tv now. Check my previous post about the details. Looks like my email did some good.

Not yet.. It's still showing MYTX stuff for COZI, at least on my VIP211k... I haven't looked on my Vizio since the other day so I don't know what's happening with the OTA

Maybe in the morning when it does it's two hour disk check and update thing.. I should know after 8am what it sees.

I'm hopeful that it will be right but if it isn't I won't be upset. It was messed up for more than a year since I first became a Dish customer and I survived anyway.

Oh, and thank you for your efforts! I appreciate what you've done.. :)

That is weird. I have it on both of my hoppers. Try running a check switch run on your 211k and let it download the guide. You should then get the right guide info for Cozi tv. IF that doesn't work ,then try deleting the channels in your ota menu ( 12.1 ,12.2.12.3, 12,4)and re scan and then do a check switch and let it down load the guide.

During it's daily two hour disk check and "upgrade" routine this morning it did download the correct guide info for 12.1 through 12.4.. 12.5 is still MIA..
COZI is now showing up properly in my guide on my Dish tuner but is still cookoo on my Vizio.

I don't care if it's wrong on the Vizio, I rarely watch OTA directly from the local antennas on my TV set. Only if I'm awake in the early morning when the Dish tuner is mandatorily offline for two hours. Even so, that's not important because I'm trying to go to sleep anyway.

And having the guide on my Dish tuner is just my lazy cop out that I take when I feel too lazy to click over to Titan..

I rarely watch MeTV OTA anyway, the picture quality is horrible compared to what I get on 101 with my 10' C-band dish. KBMT compresses MeTV so badly that it now has taken first place from Luken for worst picture quality.
It really does have that retro look and feel to it the way they transmit it..

I'm amazed that they are transmitting COZI in 720P and with lower compression than MeTV. I wish they would balance it all out and give MeTV a little more bandwidth.

Oh well, it's free... I'm happy it's there and I'm happy they have the EPG working right.. :)

That we even have these channels at all is all full of WIN ! :)

Yes I agree Metv now has worse picture quality . IT used to look as good as a progressive dvd at 480p . I could watch old reruns like Lost In Space and it looked as good as hd to me. Now it looks like it is coming in a VCR quality or 280i. I guess that's what you get when you put three 720p channels and one 480i channel all on the same channel. Something's got to give and I guess Metv was the sacrifice.

Yes I agree Metv now has worse picture quality . IT used to look as good as a progressive dvd at 480p . I could watch old reruns like Lost In Space and it looked as good as hd to me. Now it looks like it is coming in a VCR quality or 280i. I guess that's what you get when you put three 720p channels and one 480i channel all on the same channel. Something's got to give and I guess Metv was the sacrifice.

Yep..

I'm a quasi professional photographer and I own one of the very best pro DSLR cameras money can buy. I'm annoyingly picky about picture quality. I fully understand the horror and crime of digital image compression..

Thankfully I have a C-band dish where I can pull MeTV directly down from satellite and bypass KBMT...
I like all the goofy stuff (well except the submarine show and Car 54) on Saturday nights. Every Saturday I just switch over to C-band and the quality is waaaaaaay better.. :)

2013-02-09_000404.jpg vs 2013-02-09_000645.jpg

Again, despite the quality, I still appreciate that they even carry these channels and now that the guide data is working right.
And my dad likes having the channels too. He's too cheap to get cable or subscription satellite. With the local OTA's and his little FTA KU dish, he's got enough to keep him busy. :)

Well I checked this week to see what the Bionic Woman was going to be NEXT week on Tuesday and guess what my guide shows? Mytx information again. So from Saturday at midnight on the 9th, the guide is once again showing Mytx instead of Cozi tv. I emailed my contact at Echostar who contacted DISH to see what's up and so far the guide is still wrong. I don't know why they did this since it has been good for about 3 weeks now. I hope they fix it soon , so I don't have to go back to manual timers again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts