Current/Upcoming 3D Titles and Promos

Ordered Goosebumps 3D.

Anyone have input on Jurassic World 3D quality? I saw it at a local cinema and have not gotten a Blu yet for the house, but would like to watch again.

Preordered:

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Ultimate Edition Blu-ray + Theatrical Blu-ray + 3D-Blu-Ray + UltraViolet Combo Pack)

Gods of Egypt [3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD]

Appears Jaws 3, or Jaws 3D, is coming to blu. Will be getting that.

Punted on B v S, 3D version is only the theatrical and I want the blu for the extended cut. Did order Prometheus tonight. I saw it in 2D at the theater and never purchased it. I know the 3D version is highly regarded so I figured it was as good a time as any to rewatch.

Yep, something over fees. I know this is not all their fault, but I'm kinda tiring of Disney. Spotty 3D, the rest they release in other countries, no UHD. Rogue One and Dr Strange should be UHD, I mean Dr Strange's director even publicly said its a 4K DI and he prefers the 2160p/HDR format...

All I could find at Best Buy was the 2D for preorder...

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I just did some digging on a site with good disc release info and found this:

http://www.starwars.com/news/rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-arrives-soon-digital-hd-blu-ray

RETAILER EXCLUSIVES

In addition, a selection of retailer exclusives will be available for pre-order starting February 23, featuring unique packaging and configurations:

• Target Exclusive: 5-disc set includes collectible packaging with interchangeable character covers and exclusive bonus content (Blu-ray 3D + two Blu-ray + DVD + DVD exclusive content – 2 additional bonus features + Digital HD + collectible packaging)
  • Best Buy Exclusive: 4-disc set with exclusive SteelBook packaging (Blu-ray 3D + two Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD + SteelBook packaging)

Just ordered it from Best Buy. Thanks for the heads up. I decided not to see this in the theater since the people are really getting rude these days. Prefer my own theater!

Got back from my trip and had to reorder Rogue One, arrived overnight. Glad Best Buy still had some of this special edition to order.

Anyway, it arrived and I watched it- Now for the bad news:

Rogue One was a 3D conversion from a 2D that used lots of racked focus film style which is why it didn't work well for 3D, even a conversion. Also, the video brightness levels were quite subdued and compressed.

I don't know if the 4K version will be any better but I may buy that to add to my collection.

In addition to the 3D disappointment, the story itself was rather boring and I fell asleep behind my 3D glasses for about 30 minutes in the middle. I went back and watched it again but decided I hadn't missed much anyway.

I didn't go see it in the theater last winter and now glad I didn't waste my money.

Rogue One is more hype on the Star Wars name series than it added to the series. Too bad!

Grandkids are coming over tonight so I hope to watch it again with them. Hope they decide to watch in 2D. Due to shooting style, it should be easier to watch.

Got back from my trip and had to reorder Rogue One, arrived overnight. Glad Best Buy still had some of this special edition to order.

Anyway, it arrived and I watched it- Now for the bad news:

Rogue One was a 3D conversion from a 2D that used lots of racked focus film style which is why it didn't work well for 3D, even a conversion. Also, the video brightness levels were quite subdued and compressed.

I don't know if the 4K version will be any better but I may buy that to add to my collection.

In addition to the 3D disappointment, the story itself was rather boring and I fell asleep behind my 3D glasses for about 30 minutes in the middle. I went back and watched it again but decided I hadn't missed much anyway.

I didn't go see it in the theater last winter and now glad I didn't waste my money.

Rogue One is more hype on the Star Wars name series than it added to the series. Too bad!

Grandkids are coming over tonight so I hope to watch it again with them. Hope they decide to watch in 2D. Due to shooting style, it should be easier to watch.
You are the only person I know that didn't like it. I know all kinds of people from casual fans to the die hard fans that really liked it a lot. Even my dad really liked it and said it was better than The Force Awakens. Sorry you didn't enjoy it. Maybe if you watch it and then A New Hope right after it might be different for you.

Been awhile since I watched the entire series in story order. Maybe I need to go back to episode 3 or even Clone Wars and fit in Rogue One. The series is fun to watch in story order.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)