Dead 622

troublefan

Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
Coastal California
Woke up the other day to find 622 green light on (power). Turn on tv; nothing. Can't turn off receiver, won't get any channels, nothing. Unplug for 30 seconds, plug back in, green light comes on, stays on, and still nothing. Call Dish, they can't pinpoint problem and will send out new receiver. That evening the wife tries to turn everything on and viola! It's all seemingly back to normal and has been for 3 days now. Nothing had been changed, altered, fixed, added, or removed.

Soooo:
My question would be should I go ahead and switch out receivers, thinking that this was a serious sign of something going wrong (and thus losing all recorded material), or since it's working again, chalk it up to a glitch and hope for the best? Anyone else have this happen? Like a recent thread starter mentioned, the sticky on running 622 bugs is getting a bit weighty to search through. Any thoughts?

I agree. Go for the new one, but watch anything you have saved on the old before you send back.

You should also be able to switch out the old one with the new one, and then keep the old one around for a few weeks or however long you need it to watch all the recorded programs. This will allow you to record the new shows on the new receiver and slowly be able to go through your backlog. When you hook up the old receiver (without the satellite connected, just it connected to your tv) press the DVR button when the receiver tries to connect to the satellites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)