Dead HR22 Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrcool53

Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
Manitoba
Okay, I can accept the fact that the HDD in my HR22 has died (Diagnostic Error 22-433). My question is, if I connect an external HDD will it bypass the internal drive and begin to operate again? Failing that, would replacing the internal drive resolve my problem? (I know all of the leased/owned ramifications)

Okay, I can accept the fact that the HDD in my HR22 has died (Diagnostic Error 22-433). My question is, if I connect an external HDD will it bypass the internal drive and begin to operate again? Failing that, would replacing the internal drive resolve my problem? (I know all of the leased/owned ramifications)
Just call Directv. They'll replace the HR22 with a newer HR24(that's what happened with my HR23). What will happen is that you'll get the HR24 shipped to you,but they won't want the HR22 back. In the situation with my HR23,because they didn't want it back,I opened it up to see what kind of HDD(Western Digital WD5000AVVS) it needed,ordered the same type of HDD from a third party,installed it into my HR23,& now I have 4 HD DVR's,a HR22-100,HR23-700,HR24-200,& HR24-500,instead of the original 3 that I had.

Just call Directv. They'll replace the HR22 with a newer HR24(that's what happened with my HR23). What will happen is that you'll get the HR24 shipped to you,but they won't want the HR22 back. In the situation with my HR23,because they didn't want it back,I opened it up to see what kind of HDD(Western Digital WD5000AVVS) it needed,ordered the same type of HDD from a third party,installed it into my HR23,& now I have 4 HD DVR's,a HR22-100,HR23-700,HR24-200,& HR24-500,instead of the original 3 that I had.
I do need to add the most important part that after I replaced the HDD & checked it to make sure that it was working,I called Directv to have my HR23 reactivated & added to my other 3 HD DVRs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)