Dear Friends...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I was thinking that the war zone has died down. I think the main reason is that anti BD posts are no longer being tossed out of the BD forum to here. The BD forum is evolving from pro BD only to a (heated) discussion forum.

Report them, we'll move... I don't keep up with the BD forum as much as I should with all the other stuff happening lately. :)

There really is not a reason to move them out of the BD area, they are not flame fests. I just wanted to point out that in the past anything negative would automatically be moved to the war zone. Perhaps it was an unintentional item happening because you were busy. I think it is starting to work now without needing a war zone, people are just not as passionate as they were when there was a format war.

Blu-Ray vs The World.

Edit: more serious suggestion: Media WAR ZONE!

Reasonable name, but do we really need a war zone here anymore?

The war zone made sense when it reflected a real format war going on in the industry. The new ones that are being proposed are to argue about the merits of a technology here today vs what MIGHT happen. Unfortunately, many of our members see war zones as a place to wage all out war, and the lack of civility tends to spill over to other places.

This war zone is currently dead, except for this thread and IMHO it is now time to close it.

I agree just close it. The mods can always start another war zone if there is a need to.

I doubt there will be much of a war going on in a new war zone. Blu-ray will creep up on DVD quite slowly, over years. HD downloads will likely grow even slower. And anyway, Blu-ray and HD downloads will likely co-exist quite nicely. The market will just be more fragmented than in the past.

Wake me when Tri-D hits the market and the holosuite is promised "real soon now." ;)

Reasonable name, but do we really need a war zone here anymore?

The war zone made sense when it reflected a real format war going on in the industry. The new ones that are being proposed are to argue about the merits of a technology here today vs what MIGHT happen. Unfortunately, many of our members see war zones as a place to wage all out war, and the lack of civility tends to spill over to other places.

This war zone is currently dead, except for this thread and IMHO it is now time to close it.

:up

I am all for just archiving the thing, but since there seems to be resistance to doing that from the mods, why not rename it something that has a realistic focus?

What is the point of a HDDVD/BD war zone forum at this point when the only active thread is the one arguing for/against keeping it around?

I recommended Media WAR ZONE because there really isn't a good place to debate the various ways people are getting movies to their home theaters as an alternative to the latest and greatest optical format unless you want to include sparse forums like IPTV.

In the end I don't care, but think it's stupid that it's lasted this long. We went from prematurely closing it, to letting it rot.

I specifically asked that the BD/HD DVD war zone be kept open. Now that no further sales figures will be published for HD DVD, I no longer care if it stays open or closes. The BD bashing has moved to the Blu-ray forum anyway, so this forum no longer serves that purpose.

I was thinking that the war zone has died down. I think the main reason is that anti BD posts are no longer being tossed out of the BD forum to here. The BD forum is evolving from pro BD only to a (heated) discussion forum.
We really need a diapered crying baby smiley.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts