Desperate for help for Sling Adapter not working

bmacfla

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
tampabay
I am posting this after no luck with DISH support.

I recently purchased a sling adapter for my 722K receiver. I cannot get it to work. They tell me it needs to download firmware, but for some reason it won't or can't.

I have it connected to the internet through a Netgear WNCE2001 adapter in the ethernet port to a Netgear WNDR3700 router. Upng is enabled. I do get "good connection" on system check and an IP address.

In system profile I get Sling Adapter: NONE
Sling Version: 1.0.0

I have tried numerous resets, leaving it unplugged for an hour then re-plug, leaving the tuners off for 4-8 hours, tried both USB ports. I even left in unplugged for 5 hours and still no change. I took it to another room and just connected to a wired internet. I appears to be connected "online" and I can see my DVR contents on my android phone. But I cannot watch any recordings or LIVE TV. IT keeps telling me I need a sling adapter (wired or wireless connected)

I do not know if this is a DOA sling (it does recognize it when it is plugged in to the receiver, but I have never seen a light on it) or it is a receiver or internet issue.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

B.

any chance you can plug the IRD in via Cat-5 and only plug the sling adapter into the rear USB port?

currently I have it plugged into a cat5 jack and I just moved the sling to the back USB port. There is nothing else connected to the receiver IRD? currently. No TV or Dish. I was told before it could take a while for the firmware to download

currently I have it plugged into a cat5 jack and I just moved the sling to the back USB port. There is nothing else connected to the receiver IRD? currently. No TV or Dish. I was told before it could take a while for the firmware to download

are you plugged directly into your router? if not, the WNCE2001 is likely causing a problem. the adapter definitely should be plugged into the rear USB port.

the firmware downloads for the receivers come via satellite. can you see your IRD and slingbox via dishonline?

Last edited:
I had tried it plugged into the router wired but I could not connect to the dish from that location. DIRT tells me the update comes via the internet. The wireless appears to work allright as I get an IP address and can see my DVR on my phone using remote access. It just does not see the adapter. And it still does not show up in the system info

I now have the box connected by wire to the router (through a switch) The internet appears to be working fine. I can try setting up the box as a default DMZ server and see if anything happens.

I can see what is recorded on DVR but can't watch it (need a sling adapter) but I have one, the main problem appears that I cannot get receiver to update firmware for sling. It does see it when connected. Going to see with these new changes if anything happens in a few hours. I have been told it can take awhile to update.

So it does show your receiver with the Sling on dishonline.com?

leave everything connected a while and see what happens.

Another thing I found that finally fixed mine...is making sure you set the reciever/adapter as a specific address in your router using the mac adress of your reciever. That helped me as I was using wireless bridge and that kept not connecting online.

There has never been a light come on the sling. I did have a reserved address for it in my router but took it off to see if that helped. I will try it again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts