Did DirecTV and AMC come to an agreement?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would be interested about this also. Walking Dead starts the second half of it's season in Feb. Is the whole threatening thing going to start right before the premiere?

http://directvpromise.com/dont-let-amc-scare-you-1/

This is still up, not sure.

http://online.barrons.com/articles/amc-networks-gets-ahead-by-playing-dead-1420569326

AMC’s carriage agreement with DirecTV ( DTV) covering 20.2 million domestic subscribers expired at year-end and we believe that the companies are currently negotiating a renewal. We anticipate an agreement before the return of The Walking Dead in February, which we believe would conclude most major distributor renewals for the next several years.

If AMC is smart, now is the time to pull it off D*, that way they will get the most $ per sub since their highest rated show is starting up on Sun. And the last season of Mad Man in April.

I wonder if Direct will give away Rokus then.

directv can try and do the roku thing, but as i said when dish did it
sat tv is very big in rural areas where there is no high speed internet, so a roku will not cut it

I honestly don't care anymore, I have no interest anymore in The Walking Dead, if I wanted it that bad I would spend the money on a season pass from iTunes.

Reactions: DJ Lon
This is the first I've heard of an AMC/DTV dispute. I haven't watched that channel in months (if not years). So if AMC disappeared from my lineup I wouldn't notice.

Reactions: ejb1980
again, you assume everyone has broadband connections. many sat users do not

Never said that. You don't need great internet to download a season off iTunes.

I just meant I don't care about the show, it's gone downhill IMO.

AMC was not removed from hotel packages. Directv stated not many L&I accounts were using that channel in their headends, so they removed it from the "entertainment" package but kept it in the "ultimate" package. AMC is avail if hotels have the entertainment package by adding what they call "entertainment bridge pack". hotels that had the entertainment package prior to the beginning of february get to keep AMC in the entertainment package but they will have a price increase. this must have been as a result of the negotiations.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)