Difference between Dish hopper 2000 & sling??

Falloutdude

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2014
Buffalo
I'm looking to purchase a dish hopper and noticed their is a big price gap between hopper with sling and the 2000 version.

What is the main difference between them?

The Hopper with Sling is quite a bit faster than the H2K. Also, the HWS can do Netflix and transfer shows to phones and tablets and the H2K can't.

Reactions: D. Manley
It's fast enough of a difference that most people on this board have noticed... I never did, but I never looked for it either. Hopefully that clears that up.

I have a Hopper2K in my living room and a Hopper w/sling in my office - there is a very noticeable difference in performance between the two.

Changing channels, bringing up menus, accessing recordings, EVERYTHING is much slower on the Hopper2K.

So much so that it is an irritation to use the H2K sometimes.

I have a Hopper2K in my living room and a Hopper w/sling in my office - there is a very noticeable difference in performance between the two.

Changing channels, bringing up menus, accessing recordings, EVERYTHING is much slower on the Hopper2K.

So much so that it is an irritation to use the H2K sometimes.

That was me. HWS in living room and 2000 in bedroom. Easy to notice when going back and forth, Kinda like HR44 vs HR34, even though Directv says they are the same LOL.

This time went with dual HWS's for that reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)