Digital Tuners

gabshere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2006
Rison , Arkansas
ok i know the newer tv's have digital tuners
is the voom considered that a digital tuner that will pull in hd channels

i was over at a friends house who has a new HDTV and it tunes in several more channels than i get with my older set thats not HD

are these digital channels considered HD or is there actually different and it actually easier to tune in these channels

can the voom receiver receive these digital local channels ?
can it send them to a older type tv set or HD only.
thanks
i need to read a bunch of post.

Almost any any hd tuner can downrez and send the local digital channels to an older analog tv via yellow composite video cable or rf output via channel 3 or 4.

The digital stations can split their bandwidth up just like dish or directv and send out one digital channel or two or three digital channels. Usually one will be the network hd feed when hd is available. Our local cbs owns the cw station in town and has not upgraded the cw stations facilities for digital so it send it out on a subchannel of the cbs station. So 6.1 is cbs and 6.2 is cw.

Yes the Voom receiver can receive local digital and send it to an analog tv. I use two older directv hd receivers for OTA local digitals on the one remaining analog tv I have and on my first hdtv that does not have a built in digital tuner. They work great and I hooked up an old directv dish so I get guide listings for those channels also.

Digital is like satellite you either get it or you don't. As long as you can receive a good signal with an antenna you should have crystal clear reception, no ghosting.

thanks thats what i wanted to know
i am a fringe for regular tv reception but the newer tv broadcast seem a bit stronger , would like to try to get locals

Note if you are going to use a voom box it must have been activated before voom shutdown otherwise its tuner will not work, and only directv receivers older than the h10 will receive local digitals without subscription. I have a directv hughes HTL that works great and a Sony dhg hdd250 hd dvr that is my favorite receiver right now.

My mother lives pretty much full time at our ranch south of Ada, OK and there are only 2 analog stations down there. I have an older hughes e86 directv hd receiver there because the 2 local stations also have fox,cw, and mytv on the subchannels in addition to the normal cbs and nbc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts