Direct Tv in canada

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Djenvs

Original poster
Feb 16, 2015
Canada
hey guys. I know there are tons of threads about this but I still have a couple questions that I couldn't find answers to. I have an address to a place in Florida so that will work. I'm looking to get multiple receivers(as many as your allowed). The only problem is the place I have is just a small trailer. Does an installer have to come to my place to activate them? I could get away with one but I want 5-7 boxes. There's no way I could have that many in a tiny place. How can I get around this? Can I buy activated boxes from a retailer??

:welcome to Sateliteguys Djenvs!

Why would you want as many as seven receivers in one small trailer?

hey guys. I know there are tons of threads about this but I still have a couple questions that I couldn't find answers to. I have an address to a place in Florida so that will work. I'm looking to get multiple receivers(as many as your allowed). The only problem is the place I have is just a small trailer. Does an installer have to come to my place to activate them? I could get away with one but I want 5-7 boxes. There's no way I could have that many in a tiny place. How can I get around this? Can I buy activated boxes from a retailer??

Call me cynical but it sounds more like you're trying to turn this into a black market business splitting those receivers to multiple locations. I have nothing against moving or gray market deals (I had a Bell dish for years) if you're paying for the service, but this goes beyond anything that could be condoned.

Reactions: Mr Tony and bobtet
from what I understand the op has a trailer in florida. The title of the thread is directv in CANADA. My guess is that the op house in canada has 5 to 7 tvs. Just giving the op the benefit of the doubt . If you have the Florida address as the service address the locals won't work in canada unless you move after. My guess is its easier to move than to start up fresh with a fake address. If I were you I would arrange the install at your florida trailer for 2 receivers. Get yourself a cheap small tv for the bedroom. Get the genie and a client or h25. From there using your online account you can activate 4 more receivers online until you reach 6. After 6 you must call or use the chat feature online. I've used the chat twice now to activate new receivers and it is flawless and convenient.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Unless am mistaken, DTV required a SIN and credit check prior to opening any new account.
The competition though does pre-paid options.

It is possible without a SIN but you have to provide a big deposit of $300 which they would pay back $5 per month for 5 years

Unless am mistaken, DTV required a SIN and credit check prior to opening any new account.
The competition though does pre-paid options.

Last edited:
I've been told by my local dealer that there actually is no set maximum receiver number per say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many homes is this going into?

I understand that Dish and DIRECTV doesn't provide service in Canada, and you Canadians want to be able to enjoy American programming. If you are going to get a grey market account, why can't you at least try to make it somewhat ligament by putting 1 account per address?

As a dealer I am not even allowed to sell DIRECTV in Canada, so I can't and won't sell anyone in Canada an account, but its every single person I talk to who wants to do this, insists that they need multiple receivers for the purpose of splitting it up in multiple homes.

Then I get lied to and they try to tell me they live in some 5000 Sq Ft mansion and have like 10 TV's in their house

I think the op is trying to say he will have the install at HIS trailer in florida and move all equipment to his home in canada... I can relate to why us canadiens will do whatever we can to get directv or dish accounts. our programming in canada sucks donkey. As for splitting the accounts i cant speak to that. I have 10 boxes all in my home.. 5 alone in my bar... I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and i dont see anything in the op that says directly there is stacking going on although the way its worded leaves room for suspicion.

We've discussed this before ... some mentioned 10-12 ect, possibly more.

I got one right now with 16 receivers.

Genie
4 clients
11 H25's

I was surprised they even allowed me to do it, but I activated everything without a hitch.

The guy really wants to replace the clients with H24's but we got 2 lines from the roof in his million dollar home. Should go there and install 2 dishes and use the SWM13 switch.

dish on the other hand would have stopped me 4, sent the audit natzies at 5 and 6, and given me hell doing anything after.

I had a Dish account with 8 once. Thought the customer had 4 boxes, sold him 2 more when he was already at 6.

Instsller comes back and had zero issues activating the 7th and 8th. Must have gotten lucky and gotten a good csr that day

That's what I have is 2 birds.. One feeding my genie and three h25s for the living room and bedrooms.. the other bird with a swm 13 (thanks to Claude) feeding the hr24 to our master.. two hr24 and two h25s bar , hr24 in my gym figured it was easier that way then going with a 32

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The thing that has me cynical is the OP is saying he wants the max number of receivers allowed. Who doesn't know how many receivers they want?

Sorry, but it just sounds very fishy to me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)