DirecTivo HR10-250 Blowout!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
scottie_h said:
See page 1 of this thread.

Damn!:eek: I read the whole thread and missed the first post.....sometimes I think I really am blind. Thanks for the reply

Got the deal-thanks

Hi all, I've been reading all of the previous posts today so I called. I'm a 2 yr hd/dvr/5 receiver/sunday ticket type acct. (just fyi). Chris at customer service was real helpful. At first I got the "no I'm sorry sir but that offer must have expired" kind of answer a few times but after a while of give & take negotiation we worked out a deal. On monday a tech will deliver & install a 5 lnb dish, H20 receiver and HR10dvr for about $120. New 2 yr commit. Not completely free but hey I'm cool with it & so are my sons :) Thanks for the prev. info

Last edited:
OK, screw it. Two calls, first guy made notes on my account, best offer:

$249.00 for hdtivo
$10.00 off for 12 months:mad:

I am not a high dollar customer (total choice + SD locals) and I guess It shows with this offer.

I have been with directv since the early 90's and they will not match the offer Dish is going to have July 1st.

Dish:

VIP622 = $199.00
for new customers: $20.00 off a "metal" high definition package for 10 months.

I did it, got the deal from a nice gentleman in Harlingen ,Tx. If you have to be a high dollar customer with directv to get a deal, to heck with em. I may come crying back later but what is a person to do? Wait for HD channels, or get em now, wait for a hddvr mpeg4 receiver, or get it now. I think since I was such a long time customer at Directv they thought I wouldn't switch, , , wrong.

Guess who I am calling now.

Last edited:
I got it.

Here's my background: Directivo series2 +3lnb bought in august 2002. TC+ and HBO since 8/15/02. in the meantime, always paid ontime, zero ppv. zero sports packages. zero complaints. (until last week when after a power outage my tivo didn't believe it had been registered. called CSR, tells to power off/power on, tivo thinks its registered again. it does, I feel dumb.)

Newegg doesn't offer the hr10 anymore, (as of wednesday it's gone.)

Called retention directly, gave my home phone. stella asked what's she could help with.

my spiel: "Just bought a HDTV, hearing good things about dish's dvr, its cost, programming, etc. But I read that if you bought the sunday ticket, d* would give free hr10. If true, well, I just might be persuaded to stay with d*."

She says, hold on let me check my promotions, we have a lot of new ones recently. Ok, I've found it. To qualify you need a previous sub to ST set on auto renew. she asks if i had ST before.

I say no. But i was thinking of subscribing for this fall. She says, hold on for 3-4 min while I check with Supvsr to see if they can extend this deal to me. on hold -all hold dialogue in spanish??!?- .

she returns after about 2.5min, says yes, she can extend the deal to me, a free hr10. But I need a 1-yr commitment to the HD pkg. It will include 3 months free HD pkg. I say sure. Then she signs me up for ST (first time buyer) and says she'll throw in the superfan pkg, a $99 value at no cost for the first year so I can get the games in HD. But warns me that the ST is default set to auto renew next july. I can either pay for the ST all at once or in more economical payments over the season. I take the all at once.

She says that I won't need a new 5lnb dish, until the mpeg4 upgrade since the hr10 doesn't get hd-locals. (duh) But I will need to pay for shipping -$20. I say that's cool.

Asks when a good time to install, I take this Tues 8-noon. gives me a install support #, the Ret ph number and the order ID #.

I check online. and it's all there: cost tax subtal

06/10/2006 DIRECTV DVR Service $4.99 $0.27 $4.99

06/10/2006 DIRECTV DVR Service $-4.99 $-0.27 $-4.99

06/10/2006 NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan 2006 - Charge $0.00 $0.00 $0.00

06/10/2006 NFL Sunday Ticket 2006 Season - Charge $229.00 $12.60 $229.00

06/10/2006 $19.95 Delivery and Handling - Charge $19.95 $1.35 $19.95

06/10/2006 HD-DVR Upgrade - Charge $0.00 $0.00 $0.00

06/10/2006 (blank Mysterycharge -free HD?) $0.00 $0.00 $0.00

thx to any who helped me.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
but $399 for your own owned HD DVR is a very good price.
Can you guarantee the ownedpart? Will you get on the phone with a clueless CSR and convice them it is an owned unit and not a leased one?

herdfan said:
Can you guarantee the ownedpart? Will you get on the phone with a clueless CSR and convice them it is an owned unit and not a leased one?

Yes, I will be happy to activate your HD DVR with you as an owned unit.

-Robert

OK, it took me two calls, but I got the deal for the free HR10-250. On the first call they gave me the SuperFan plan for free, but I was told that they have no offer for a free HR10-250. Tanya put me on hold for about 5 minutes to check out my request and then came back and said that due to manufacturer restrictions, they can't give it away for free and it would be $499. I thanked her for the SuperFan deal, hung up, and called right back again.

On the second call I spoke with Marcia. She immediately knew about the HR10-250 deal and offered it to me with no fuss! I had some questions about whether this was a lease or an "own" and she said that they only do leases now. But it's not like cable company leases - I'm not paying a monthly fee for the equipment. The lease just means that if I cancel D*, I have to return the equipment. I'm fine with that.

I also had a question about the new HD DVR that they have coming out. She said that I could swap out my current HR10-250 units for the new MPEG-4 unit for $99 per box. I'm not really interested in doing that since the TiVo software works so well. I don't want to roll the dice on some first-generation attempt by DirecTV.

Jay

I find it so frustrating. I have called 3 times, and keep getting a big NO. Why can some people get it, and some can't. Is there some secret word? Every time I call they have no idea what I am talking about...argg!!!

I just got the deal. I currently have ST and said the magic words that I was considering not renewing it. They did make me pay $99 for the Superfan and I needed to pay $49 for the off air antenna. but, the HR10-250 was free of charge. Thanks everyone for your help.

By the way, the 1st person I talked to did not know about it, but she transferred me to someone that did. I don't know if it was the retention department or someone else...

Thanks again!!!

I just called and got it for free. I only did it because I want a free upgrade when the MPEG4 one comes out. I don't care about a 2 year commitment I have to have NFLST anyway. I am not going anywhere.

i just received the offer. called and told them that a friend had received it. told them that i had sunday ticket on auto renew. i was put on hold for several minutes, at which time the rep came back and said that i did qualify. fwiw, i also have total choice premium, mlb extra innings, been with them for 7 years, etc. but it was pretty easy.

ghoff said:
I've called twice and the best they can offer is $399 plus shipping. Any suggestions? I'm using the 800-824-9081 number.
It sure doesn't seem like there's any magic potion...

Some have stated you need to threaten cancellation, some have stated you need a code, some have stated you need to be a returning ST subscriber (including the first Rep I talked to), some have stated that you need to be a long time customer.

1. I have been a DirecTV customer for about 13 months - so no longevity in my favor (although I was out of contract)
2. I am not a "returning" ST subscriber. However, I did sign up for ST about 3 months ago. So, while I've never had it a previous season, I was already signed up for ST at the time of my call.
3. I never mentioned a word about canelling any programming of any kind, including ST.
4. I simply called and said "I've been reading about an offer for a free HD-Tivo with Sunday Ticket, and wanted to inquire about it." That's it - got it on the second try.

Others have had luck with other approaches, but it doesn't get much easier than what I did.

I just received the deal, but the CSR (Brenda) tried to tell me I had to unsubscribe to ST to get the deal. I told her that I didn't want to do that and she put me on hold for a minute and came back and offered me the deal while still being able to subscribe to the ticket, but would not drop the shipping and handling fee

Well, I didn't get the Sunday Ticket deal... However, on my second call, after telling me I was not eligble for the ST offer, the rep offered me $250 off the $399 price of the HR10-250. Given that I didn't really need NFL ST and was only going to get it to get a cheaper HD DVR, this is acutally a better deal. $150 + $20 shipping with a 2 year commitment. Not to bad if you ask me. Counting the deals I got on my first HR10-250, I have now gotten 2 HR10-250's for a net of about $350.

Just got a similar deal on the HR10-250. No Sunday Ticket (don't want it anyway). $399 - $150 instant credit - $120 ($10 credit every month for 12 months) = $129 (+ taxes)
They also credited the $19.95 + tax "handling charge" when I told them I didn't need it installed. They said shipping it to me for a "self-install" was not an option. I told the guy I was just going to take the receiver and install it myself when the dealer brings it. They also told me I qualify for a new dish so maybe I'll get a free AT9 out of it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)